New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Actively drive and own accountability for the delivery of targeted project outcomes in line with cost, time and scope expectations and compliant with NYL delivery methodologies.
- Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix IT partners (within and across LOBs) to oversee all Technology Delivery Life Cycle (TDLC) phases of a project, TDLC deliverables, and adherence to Program and Project Management standard practices set by PMO.
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project's objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Participate in the project planning and manages the execution of projects to plan.
- Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost and quality parameters. Proposes recommendations and process change through defined change management procedures.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance; validate financial forecasts and provides ongoing reconciliation of resources and other project expenditures.
- Typically lead vendors and/or contractors in the context of a project; Manage adherance of vendor commitments against projects deliverables and quality thereof
- Define and tracks project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, risk plan and related project management artifacts.
- Manage an auditable project repository through collection and maintenance of all project documentation on a central location
- Manage the completion of required project phase gate controls for technology production migrations
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
- Ensuring that all team members understand the scope of the project as well as their responsibility / accountability with deliverables.
- Compiling and maintaining project status reports and minutes of meetings.
- Communicating relevant information to all team members, such as change in schedule dates, changes in the project's requirements, unexpected challenges etc.
- Ensure end results are of the highest quality with clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business value and outcomes.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
- Core IT & PM Competencies i.e. knowledge of for example: SDLC, ITIL, PMBOK
- Some technical domain proficiency - either deeper in one domain or across a variety of project types - ideal
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and a proven ability to work and lead in a team based environment
- IT Security Domain experience required
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
- Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top