A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
General Profile :
Actively drive and own accountability for the delivery of program business case and outcomes.
- Manage program execution, interdependencies & incremental benefits delivery through projects/sub-programs
- Develop and continuously validate financial forecasts; provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and other project expenditures
- Measure benefits delivered by the program at phase gates and conclusions of projects/sub-programs; report on program performance metrics through execution scorecard or other form of benefits measurement
- Continually monitor and control projects/sub-programs (scope, schedule, resources, and budget)
- Manage program risks and mitigation or contingency plans. Identify program impediments and address them with appropriate urgency and escalation. Lead cross-functional meetings and foster teamwork; drive escalation and resolution of issues
- Lead diverse teams of multiple skill sets to deliver integrated solutions that achieve measurable business results. Provide expectations of delivery and requirements, yielding consistent results.
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant methodologies and process standards
- Define and update - performance and reporting management plan, collect and reviews status, create program status reports and explain variances.
- Provide steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a rapidly growing company with an evolving business model
- Assist in the development and implementation of assigned program
- Serve as advisor, including maintaining a collaborative working relationship with leadership/stakeholders and provide expert guidance in the understanding and deployment of PMO CoE methodology and standard practices
- Managing, tracking, and reporting on multiple simultaneous data hub projects
- Liaison for EDH group with other internal New York Life teams (i.e EDM, ECS, and business lines)
- Interact with business line team members to help define and drive the creation and approval of use cases for proof of concepts for new technology the business users are looking to explore
- Develop and conduct high level project timelines as well as detail level project planning
- Lead and conduct interviews for potential candidates
- Liaison and manage outside software vendors & consultants
- Assist internal and external auditors is the development of an access recertification process for the Enterprise Data Hub group
- Provide weekly status and risk updates to the EDM vertical leadership
- Manage and lead teams in creation of documentation for submittal and approval to the EAB and SRB in order to receive project approval
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Leadership competencies, including but not limited to stakeholder management, C level reporting. Strong communication and leadership skills
- Proven ability to manage scope, schedule, resources and budget across interdependent projects
- Energetic, enthusiastic and effective communicator across verbal, written and presentation formats
- Proven ability to work and lead in a team based environment, providing matrixed oversight of Project Managers assigned to related initiatives under Program
- Core IT and PM competencies - needs to have knowledge of software delivery lifecycle and PM methodologies (Agile and Waterfall).
- Life insurance industry experience required (unless specified otherwise)
- Business domain knowledge preferred (unless specified otherwise)
- Technology domain knowledge preferred (unless specified otherwise)
- Agile (specifically Scrum) experience (nice to have unless specified as a hard requirement)
- Fluid acumen in product knowledge, insurance or investments (preferred)
- Typically 10+ years total experience
- 5+ years PM experience AND 3+ years Program Management experience
- Has been accountable for programs and sub-projects of $1M+
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Segment: Social Media, Project Manager, Manager, Program Manager, Marketing, Technology, Management
Back to top