New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Active support of the administration and development of project documentation, communication, tools (data), set up and maintenance, with a focus on accuracy and completeness.
Project Planning stage - the project analyst supports the PM with critical project tool set up (Clarity PPM, SharePoint, Agile Tool), estimate and budget development, RAID controls, charter development, schedule development to direct and support effective, efficient project execution.
Project execution stage - the project analyst assists the PM with implementing and maintaining project / program controls including:
- Compiling and maintaining project status reports and minutes of key meetings
- Maintaining project schedule
- Documenting and reconciling a project deliverable log in support of project phase gates for the PM
- Maintaining RAID (risk, action item, issue, decision) log which is packaged and communicated on a recurring basis
- Communicating relevant information to all team members, such as change in schedule dates, changes in the project's requirements, unexpected blockers/challenges etc.
- Helping validate financial forecasts and providing ongoing reconciliation of resources and other project expenditures
- Maintaining required program and project methodology TDLC deliverables in support of the Program or Project Manager, specifically ensuring Phase Gate controls and approvals are completed.
- Ensuring adherence to program and project management standard practices set by PMO CoE and utilizing metrics to identify preventive and corrective actions.
Project closure stage - the project analyst performs specific activities for project closure including documentation and lessons learned documentation
KEY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Basic project management competencies
- Core IT competencies i.e. knowledge of software delivery lifecycle and methodologies.
- Sound problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Strong work ethic to meet project milestones
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
- 2+ years of applied, relevant, experience supporting the management of medium or large, cross technology IT or business projects
- Relevant experience could include being a part of an Enterprise Project in the role of Project Administrator, BA or Tester
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Developer, Accounting, Testing, Project Manager, Sharepoint, Technology, Finance
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top