Process Improvement Analyst
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
- Manage process transformation for multiple lines of business, vendor partnerships, and shared services
- Provide end-to-end process thought leadership
- Apply LEAN and User-centered design principles to improve capabilities, processes, and tools
- Facilitate process development workshops with process owners, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders
- Document process and contribute thought leadership to evolving process visualization
- Resolve conflict and drive decision-making through creativity, negotiation, leveraging data and industry best practices
8+ years' experience in the following:
- Achieving operational excellence in solution delivery (e.g. solution design/development, quality management, infrastructure and operations, security, data, etc)
- Facilitating workshops and focus groups
- Developing instructional and procedural documentation and presentations
- At least 4-6 years' experience as a Business Analyst
- 8+ years
- Experience and familiarity with Quality Management, project management, IT business management processes
- Demonstrated ability to drive change to achieve business results
- Proven ability to lead complex, cross-functional teams
- Strong understanding of technology delivery lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, network, and manage stakeholders effectively
- Strong process mapping and business process reengineering skills
- Strong data gathering skills and ability transfer knowledge to process artifacts
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively produce and analyze business processes and workflows
- Expert level of competence with MS Office and MS Visio
- Ability to self-manage timelines and deliverables
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance or Business Administration
- Master's Degree
- BPMN certification
- LEAN certification
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
- Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top