Policy Admin Value Stream Manager #38938
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Value Stream Team Manager develops and directs overall plan and its execution for deliverables expected of the Application Deployment and deployment areas based upon optimum use of cost effective technology to meet business needs. They are responsible to provide technical leadership to areas across the Tampa System Organization as well as to the customer departments in areas of specialized expertise.
- Oversee the execution and control of Software Development Quality, Cost and Delivery performance versus goals.
- Consistently ensures Value Stream Teams’ software development, testing and delivery is promptly and efficiently carried out and nurtures a high level of leadership and team performance.
- Retain principal responsibility of processes and performance across team
- Champion lean through daily coaching in lean tools and methodologies
- Prioritizes and organizes short term and long term goals and activities in accordance with business objectives
- Develop strategic plans in which business goals and objectives are met; talent development, customer focus and employee engagement
- Practice positive employee relations and develop self and others
- Employee mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective actions as necessary
- Drive continuous improvement in area of responsibility relative to business objectives
- Provides overall technical direction along with business impacts
- Four year college degree with emphasis Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proven technical experience with Software Development processes
- High performance candidate with experience in a development environment.
- Self-motivated to identify, analyze and independently work to find solutions and follow issues
- Possess excellent judgment and analytical skills including detailed planning and project management
- Resourcefulness in accomplishing objectives and completing tasks
- Proven ability to grow individual and organization competency through proactive coaching and mentoring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated success in leading teams and a team environment
- Demonstrated success in a multi -tasking environment
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
Praddy uses data and new technologies in order to develop, test, and ultimately implement new applications for New York Life's business operations.
Back to top