Planning and Program Coordinator
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
TheCenter for Data Science and Analyticsis the innovative corporate analytics group within New York Life. We are a rapidly growing entrepreneurial department which aims to design, create and offer innovative data-driven solutions for many parts of the enterprise. We have the freedom to explore external data sources and new statistical techniques, and are excited about delivering a whole new generation of analytical solutions.
The role of Planning and Program Coordinator supports the Analytics educations and community as well as the internal and external outreach of the team. This requires organization, strong communication and relationship building and a savvy sense of which details matter. As there are numerous concurrent initiatives in progress at various stages the ability to juggle responsibilities and tasks is paramount to success in this role.
- Assist in creating and executing engagement strategy including activities, events, meetings and outside speakers for Analytics Community and Data Science Academy
- Support related engagement activities through planning and participation
- Coordinate activities related to team building and other team activities for the Center for Data Science and Analytics
- Coordinate logistics of monthly and weekly meetings related to the Data Science and Analytics Community including communication and promotion
- Assist in planning and coordinate logistics for ½ day or full day events
- Conceive and coordinate logistics of celebratory events
- Coordinate recruiting events with Universities. This may require traveling to events outside the immediate Tri State area.
- Write articles for Corporate Intranet site which may be interviews of employees, interviews of leaders in Data Science or Artificial Intelligence, participants of projects related to Data Science or Artificial Intelligence, innovative Data Science and software vendors
- Summarize Data Science and Artificial Intelligence projects into articles for both internal and external (to the company) consumption
- Facilitate discussions as needed
- Helps coordinate activities related to external and internal PR
- BA / BS degree
- Must have proven excellent writing communication skills and social media savvy
- Strong organizational skills and personal interaction and responsiveness
- Honed listening and teamwork skills as well as high social / emotional IQ
- Strong expertise in effective PowerPoint presentations and storytelling
- 3 - 5 years of professional experience
General skills or characteristics needed:
- Forward looking
- Takes initiative
- Ability to easily forge strong relationships
- Creative mindset
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills - PowerPoint, Word, Excel
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Job Segment: Program Manager, Accounting, Project Manager, Management, Finance, Technology
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top