PAM Engineering Lead
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
PAM Centrify Engineering Lead - Location Lebanon (Clinton NJ), NJ but may consider NYC or Jersey City
Serving as the PAM Lead provides a unique opportunity to grow New York Life's PAM systems and tools while providing leadership and subject matter expertise on all technical aspects of PAM. The position will be responsible for managing a team of skilled individuals focused on architecting and building out the PAM platforms. In addition, this position will help shape and influence the way in which we drive one of the most strategic initiatives at New York Life. It is expected that the PAM Engineering Lead will provide advice to management related to the application and technical challenges encountered on a day to day basis. This role requires extensive background and experience in PAM strategy, architecture and software development/engineering as well as an ability to ensure appropriate visibility, communication, and governance across key business partners and stakeholders. The role will require working across organizational boundaries to produce useful domain models and working repositories that help to efficiently manage PAM complexities across the different stakeholders and user communities. The role will also be responsible for planning and directing the day to day functional activities of assigned staff. This individual will often have to learn on their own and remain on the cusp of new technologies in the PAM space.
- Recognized as an expert within the company for the PAM platform.
- Influences the strategy to address issues that impact our PAM solutions
- Proactively identifies and solves the most complex problems that impact the management and direction of the business
- Contributes to the development of functional strategy
- May lead multidisciplinary projects, processes or vendor management
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive the execution of the next generation of PAM technologies including owning the overall roadmap, producing regular status updates, and diving deep to resolve issues as they arise
- Work closely with technology and business stakeholders across New York Life
- Lead cross-functionally to accelerate the development and deployment of new security features
- Proactively identify and resolve challenges and issues that may impair the team s ability to meet strategic, business, and technical goals
- Establishes PAM strategy, architecture, and designs
- Developing solutions using a cloud first approach within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Lead security projects from initial conception through design, testing and implementation
- Evaluate vendor solutions to ensure they meet technology and cloud standards, as well as all applicable architecture considerations
- Take part in an after-hours patching and deployment activities after hours as needed
- Develops metrics that demonstrate the current risk state, indicators of progress, and PAM business alignment
- Engages with development teams during operational security reviews and provides leadership and security design guidance
- Monitors technology and security developments and ensures the company s security framework follows industry best practices
- Able to work and interact with others in a structured team
- Independent problem solver with troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to nontechnical audience on technical issues
- Conduct strategic and tactical engineering focused on CyberArk software configuration, administration, policy settings, and application maintenance
- Design and implement re-usable software components
- Develop reusable frameworks/components and POCs to accelerate development of onboarding applications to the CyberArk environment
Core Technical Requirements
- 7+ years of experience in configuring and administration of CyberARK or other PAM platforms.
- 7+ years of strong development / architecture experience in a hands-on role
- 7+ years of experience managing projects through the full system development lifecycle
- 5+ years of experience with at least one of the following development environments/languages: J2EE, Java, C/C++, .NET, C# or PL/SQL
- 5+ years of experience managing an engineering / development team
- 10+ years of experience on PowerShell and Unix scripting
- Experience with integrations with Sailpoint or other IAM technologies
- 10+ years documenting business and technical requirements, project plans, issues/risks
- 10+ years of experience with developing and maintaining run support procedures, standards and controls, including aggregation review and issue resolution, SoD violation reviews, NPE tracking and follow-up, native control reviews, password masking and encryption best practices
- 10+ years of architecture/engineering experience in a hands-on role
- 7+ years of experience with Active Directory, ODSEE or Ping
- 7+ years of experience with Windows, Linux and Solaris Operating Systems knowledge
- 7+ years of experience with one or more directories such as CA Directory, Oracle Directory, AD, Ping, or IBM Directory Server
- 7+ years of experience with one or more databases such as Oracle, IBM and MS SQL etc.
- Experience in MAR/SOX documentation and related controls
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent related field preferred, with a minimum of 7 years of experience in Information Technology OR in lieu of the Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems preferred
- CISSP, J2EE or equivalent a plus
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Engineer, Social Media, Information Systems, Database, Developer, Engineering, Marketing, Technology
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
Dan S.Business Development Lead
Dan is responsible for delivering software solutions that improve the insurance purchasing experience for clients.
Back to top