Network Operations Lead
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Network Operations Lead
- Can quickly grasp customer requirements, anticipates changing business needs and challenges, and their subsequent impact on the technical direction of a solution.
- Provides guidance to Network Operations staff as well as supports the overall architecture, design, implementation, and operations of New York Life's Network infrastructure. Ensure designs meet Service Level Agreements and requirements
- Assists with 3 th level escalation of critical incidents and problems
- Provides solutions in area of responsibility to the business users based on architecture blueprints
- Work with Engineering team to maintain infrastructure currency.
- Excellent problem solving, communication, prioritization and organizational skills
- Execute with minimal direction
- Highly collaborative, team oriented and strong communicator with the ability to make decisions that are in the best interest of the organization
- Leadership skills to influence stakeholders and promote brand
- Ability to guide and mentor associates
- Drive continuous improvement in all Network & Security Operations services; establish, achieve and evolve service levels and key metrics
- Strategically analyzes the risks, benefits, and opportunities associated with a technology solution
- Minimal supervision required.
- Ability to work with outsourced partners
- 7+ years of experience with network switch and routing solutions, specifically Cisco etc.
- 5+ years of experience in blueprinting and operating cable plant infrastructures
- 4+ years of working with DNS, DHCP, and other routing and switching fundamentals.
- Proficient in collaboration with 3 rd party suppliers and partners.
- Experience in working with business leaders to understand business models, strategies and priorities.
- Proven capabilities in influencing and negotiating priorities.
- Strong understanding of Network Security fundamental including but not limited to DMZ, firewalls, and encryption.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology required
- Masters or equivalent experience preferred
- CCNP or above preferred
- Experience in prevailing industry architecture and engineering methodologies
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Network, Engineer, Accounting, Operations, Technology, Engineering, Finance
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top