Model Monitoring Data Scientist, Senior Associate #82595
- New York, NY
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
The Center for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (CDSAi) is the innovative corporate Analytics group within New York Life. We are a rapidly growing entrepreneurial department which aims to design, create and offer innovative data-driven solutions for many parts of the enterprise. We are aided by New York Life's existing business with a large market share in individual life insurance. We have the freedom to explore external data sources, new statistical techniques, and are excited about delivering a whole new generation of predictive analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
In fact, we are building one of the first multivariate model-based continuous risk differentiations in the industry. We are also working on models for differentiated advertising allocation by geography, channel and segment. Geographic analytics on agents and customers, application fraud detection, agent success prediction and client prospecting analytics (off-line and on-line) are other exciting examples of enormous incremental value from analytics. Our products are implemented into real-time core business processes and decisions that drive the company (e.g. underwriting, pricing, agent recruiting, prospecting, advertising allocation, new product development).
We work with data ranging from demographics, credit and geo data to detailed medical data (medical test results, diagnosis, prescriptions) and social media information. We have a modern computing environment with a solid suite of data science/modeling tools and packages, and a large (but manageable) group of well-trained professionals at various levels to support you. Life insurance is on the verge of huge change. This is a chance to drive the transformation of an industry.
You will apply your communications skills working closely with business partners, data scientists, data engineers and technical implementation teams across the company to establish model monitoring and reporting plans.
You will help to establish a scalable monitoring and reporting capability for the data science team and our business partners using various programs, libraries and visualization tools to monitor and report on a wide variety of model types.
You will participate in other model governance activities like data validation or helping with model validation activities.
- Work with Business Partners, Tech teams and CDSAi team to define/confirm monitoring requirements:
- Data sources
- Build of system/ dashboards to monitor:
- Business metrics
- Statistical model performance and real time monitoring and alerting
- Review reporting results with Business Partners on a regular basis,
- Provide insights based upon monitoring results
- Owner of performance reports and related presentations.
- Partner with technical team for monitoring solution(s) and daily operations
- Develop monitoring libraries to streamline the monitoring process
- Determine timing for model re-fit when model performance deteriorates
- Coordinate model refit with data scientists
- Maintain and report on statistics of model usage, errors, and exceptions.
- Participation in ad-hock model governance activities such as data review/validation
- Education: Master's degree
- Expert with BI tools such as Tableau, Shiny, Dash, Power BI, Qlik
- Working experience with databases and writing complex queries (SQL, Hive, Hadoop)
- Portfolio of completed BI/Reporting experience
- 2+ years in a similar role
- Some formal training in statistics and/or machine learning
- Good understanding of statistical models and machine learning concepts, software (R, Python)
- Experience working with Data Scientists and Business Partners
- Excellent communication skills
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Segment: Database, Scientific, Underwriter, Social Media, Data Modeler, Technology, Engineering, Insurance, Marketing, Data
Back to top