MarTech Program Management & Governance Lead
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
New York Life (NYL), America's largest mutual life insurance company and Fortune 100 Company, has embarked on a transformative journey to build on the power of digital tools, data sciences, and consumer centrism to further our mission for our customers. NYL's Marketing group is on the forefront of this journey - leading the research, insights, digital innovation, and analytics necessary to creating connected, meaningful experiences for our customers.
We are looking for a Corporate Vice President, MarTech Program Management & Governance Lead, to help define and lead our Project Management capability to drive execution of NYL's consumer engagement strategy and transform NYL's digital presence via delivery of new cross-channel marketing and digital capabilities and content on our web properties and marketing technology toolset. In this role, the CVP MarTech Program Management & Governance Lead will work in close collaboration with multi-discipline stakeholders to define a multiparty (internal / external / tech / business) operational governance model, help lead strategic initiative definition, support planning and be responsible for oversight of day-to-day work execution within NYL's Prospect & Digital Marketing portfolio focused on Marketing Technology Ecosystem solutions and capabilities from a holistic people, process, technology standpoint. Further, this role will help define, implement and drive adoption of a MarTech governance process framework.
In addition to initial MarTech program focus, this work will span a range of disciplines including consumer experience (CX), digital design (UX / UI), web publishing / creative content, digital / technology capability development, reporting & analytics, and beyond.
- Establish and operate MarTech program delivery governance processes, communications plans (internal / external), and cadence, including collection and consolidation of regular project status reports for management and key stakeholders
- Develop and utilize appropriate project management tools (e.g., Rally, MS Office tools & templates) and where applicable leverage past experience and drive methodology definition and adoption of Scaled Agile delivery approaches across MarTech program and broader P&DM efforts (e.g., PI planning process definition and support)
- Own development and / or critical evaluation of existing project plans and ongoing maintenance of project plans and other project management documents, meeting with stakeholders and project delivery resources to gather requirements, resource needs, drive alignment and effective solution design
- Drive task execution and the planning behind it - always maintaining a clear and pragmatic vision of next steps, dependencies and linkage of the "big picture" across program efforts during meetings and discussions, adapting to changing program parameters and incorporating impact across the portfolio
- Manage key details of projects within MarTech program portfolio (and interactions / dependencies across in-flight efforts) to ensure that all action items are accomplished timely and accurately within NYL standards, while looking for opportunities to continuously improve program and project management processes and test new approaches
- Ensure that projects within overarching program run smoothly on schedule, staying within defined scope and on budget, proactively identifying issues and appropriately escalating concerns and potential solutions to impacted parties within project teams and across P&DM / Marketing stakeholders
- Participate actively in MarTech / Digital subject matter expert and or management stakeholder discussions to gather data and understand issues, and account for impacts on in-flight and future work efforts
- Help foster a productive teamwork environment, keeping parties and stakeholders focused on key outcomes that drive NYL's Digital Marketing strategy
- Degree & Focus : Bachelors or 4 year equivalent in Engineering (Industrial & Process), Digital Marketing, Web Development, Marketing, Strategy, Business or related
- Certifications : Project Management Professional (PMP), SAFe Practitioner / Scaled Agile Framework experience or similar certification highly desirable
- Experience : 5 to 10 years; Preference for significant related work experience as well as advanced or graduate degree for position consideration (MBA, Masters, etc.)
- Extensive experience and demonstrated leadership with Digital / Web project management methodologies (e.g., Scaled Agile, SAFe) and related project management toolset (MS Office Suite, CA Rally, etc.) to deliver modern digital deliverables, capabilities and processes across interdependent program portfolios
- Process definition / re-engineering, software development and / or creative campaign program management experience a major plus, including knowledge of enabling Marketing tools & technologies (e.g., Adobe Experience Manager, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, operational datamarts)
- Collaborative work style and presence across audiences (disciplines and seniority levels), including strong organizational and customer management skills
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability communicate effectively and concisely to across team members, stakeholders and external partners as well as up to management and executive customers
- Strong executive presence and experience with presenting to an audience of cross-functional stakeholders within the company
- Ability to independently establish priorities, confirm / communicate decisions both across teams and managing up, work on multiple assignments, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Innovative thinker who is self motivated to complete projects and tasks on time while proactively looking for opportunities to continuously improve processes and share learnings
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to work with limited direction and significant autonomy
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Program Manager, Cloud, Marketing Manager, Management, Engineering, Technology, Marketing
Back to top