Lead Business Analyst - Marketing Technology
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
We are seeking an experienced technology Business Analyst with a minimum of 10 years of business analysis (or related) experience to join our Marketing Technology team. The Business Analyst will work closely with our business partners, architects, and technology resources to lead multiple complex projects at the same time. This role will be responsible and accountable for the analysis, discovery, and quality development of business and technical requirements across a variety of workstreams. We are looking for an individual with demonstrated experience solving complex business problems, demonstrating strong attention to detail, and driving delivery projects which span across multiple teams. While this position will manage the development, detailed analysis, and documentation of requirements from New York Life's Marketing business teams, the role will also partner with architecture and delivery teams to define optimal technology solutions.
- Serve as a lead business analysts for marketing technology implementation projects and drive delivery against the marketing technology roadmap
- Collaborate and lead workshops with business partners and delivery teams (internal and external) to elicit, develop, document, and manage business and technical requirements
- Directly author supplemental requirement artifacts such as process flows, context diagrams, use cases, and wireframes
- Establish meaningful traceability between business requirements, technical requirements, and architecture design which illustrates a deep understanding of business processes and the technology ecosystem
- Map and illustrate how applications are connected and how data flows throughout the technology ecosystem
- Responsible for documenting and illustrating all analysis in an effective, informative and executive appropriate manner
- Identify opportunities and required areas of focus to support and execute against business strategies
- Act as a liaison between the business and IT architecture and delivery teams
- Interface with business partners, technology resources, architecture, and quality assurance teams to translate and streamline requirements; this role will also ensure requirements are met throughout the entire TDLC or Scaled Agile frameworks
- Partner with business partners and quality assurance teams to ensure adequate test coverage; this role will also be responsible for working with the business partners to prioritize functional and regression defects during testing cycles
- Experience implementing content management and/or digital marketing platforms, Adobe Marketing Cloud and Adobe Analytics Cloud a plus
- Applied experience with establishing, managing, driving, and delivering large scale, complex IT projects which involve multiple delivery teams, platforms, and data integrations
- Experience in working on large scale initiatives with third party delivery partners (including onsite/offshore execution models)
- Management consulting experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience managing a business analyst team (direct and/or matrixed management)
- Proven ability to learn and adapt quickly and easily to change; proven ability to navigate a complex environment
- Minimum 10 years of Business Analysis or related experience
- Familiarity with multiple software development methodologies
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to frame, analyze, and summarize complex problems
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel; excellent PowerPoint skills, ability to concisely convey complex strategies and findings in a well-structured, illustrative and effective manner
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to bridge / facilitate efforts between technical and business teams
- Ability to partner with development teams that support various technology platforms
- Proven leadership, negotiation, and relationship management skills
- Quickly learns new businesses and complex processes, and can demonstrate executive communication
- Highly motivated self-starter demonstrating integrity, initiative and innovation qualities
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple business domains in support of projects
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Advanced degree and industry certifications encouraged
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Accounting, Consulting, Management Consulting, Finance, Marketing, Technology, Management
Back to top