Junior Data Modeler / Data Analyst
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
We are currently looking for a Data Modeler/analyst to join our IT Data Strategy & Management team.
- 6+ years in Information technology and working in data space.
- Knowledge of bigdata is a huge plus.
- Work with Business Analysts and SMEs to gather, document and explain requirements
- Ability to create logical and physical data models by analyzing the source data
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Ability to convert data into information
- Proficient with SQL scripts (creating, reading, running, customizing)
- Work independently with minor oversight
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary
- Life insurance experience is a plus.
- Experience in multiple data bases
- Experience in ETL tools
- Ability to create an ETL job in at least one tool
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with daily work processing deadlines.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Database, Data Analyst, Social Media, Data Modeler, SQL, Technology, Data, Marketing
Back to top