Java Development Lead
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
At New York Life, every decision we make and action we take has one overriding purpose: To be here when our customers need us.
That’s why we’re looking for ambitious, experienced Java developers in Texas like whose ideas will help shape our future and join our growing technology hub in Dallas.
As a company, we help our customers protect the people they love, prepare for the future, and enjoy greater piece of mind.
As an employer, we believe in doing the same for you – helping you make the most of your career by giving you the ability to drive real progress while completing interesting work in collaboration with other talented professionals.
We offer the whiteboard freedom of a startup along with the opportunity to pursue ideas with the support and resources of a Fortune 100 company. If you’re ready to Go Big, apply now.
- Converts functional specifications of business requirements into programming specifications.
- Designs, codes, documents and implements high quality scalable Enterprise Java solutions.
- Creates and maintains JUnit tests and performs full regression testing.
- Monitors operating efficiency of existing application systems & provides recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains records to document program development and revisions.
- Provides timely technical support and problem resolution.
- Can seamlessly transition between working independently with limited direction and collaborating on a team.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of the JEE application development processes.
- Understands the agile development methodology and serves as a resource to others.
- Understands architectural issues, and factors them into decisions and recommendations.
- Provides technical leadership in Enterprise Java (JEE) application development.
- Conducts complete diagnosis of business problems based on a strong understanding of the technical architecture.
- Facilitates design sessions by presenting logical statements of business problems and designs.
- Designs applications with broad implications, requiring systems integration of one or more technical platforms.
- 8+ year of object oriented analysis and design (OOAD) experience
- 8+ years of enterprise Java development design experience
- Java Standard Edition 8 (JSE 8) and Enterprise Edition 8(JEE 8)
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Back to top