IT Business Analyst
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
IT Business Analyst
- The IT Business Analyst role will require skills in business analysis, systems analysis, documentation of business requirements, solution recommendation, and decision making.
- The IT Business Analyst will derive systems requirements for the Cyberlife administrative system a mainframe application which hosts Variable Life and Annuity products as well as Fixed Annuity products.
- This role must possess an understanding of the Life Insurance and Annuity industry and products. The ideal candidate has worked on several projects following the TDLC, starting with requirements gathering, through the successful implementation of the said projects.
- Interact with business as well as other BA s, conduct analysis and document business processes, functions, capabilities, requirements, etc., enabled by IT
- Performs as liaison between the business, developer and other project BA s
- Identify and articulate the need for change and assessing the impact of the change
- Elicit, document, prepare and manage business requirements
- Translate and simplify requirements
- Document High level and detailed design of system changes
- Establish meaningful traceability between related requirements
- Write clear and concise systems requirements ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Verify that the implemented solution meets the requirements
- Support the application manager to ensure key deliverables are met in an accurate timely manner assisting in the troubleshooting of problems and issues; make recommendations and provide alternative solutions when it applies.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
Education / Training
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, and/or equivalent work experience
- Business Analysis CBAP or equivalent certification a plus.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience within the insurance and Annuities industry.
- Familiarity with multiple technologies, business analysis tools, development methods and systems, and a basic understanding of programming languages
- Familiarity with a variety of development methods, including Agile and Waterfall, and how it applies to own area of work
- Understands complex business processes and able to document them in a logical and comprehensible manner
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills with the demonstrative ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solves a broad range of problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Social Media, Mainframe, Computer Science, Finance, Marketing, Technology
Back to top