Internal Strategy / Organization Change - CVP
- New York, NY
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
The Planning, Strategy, and Consulting team works closely with the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team to help define and articulate corporate and business unit strategies and support oversight and execution of key enterprise strategic initiatives and other large / complex programs. This team is also responsible for corporate strategy including market and competitive intelligence. The team works closely with Finance, Technology and other key stakeholders to drive the annual planning process. This team also supports key decision-making forums and senior executive/Board meetings.
The team partners with Senior Leaders in the various business and functional areas to support development and execution of strategic initiatives within those areas. The team's role typically includes framing and analyzing complex business problems, developing recommendations, partnering with line managers to drive execution, facilitating governance, change and communication processes, and playing a key role in informing and influencing decision making. The Planning, Strategy, and Consulting team comprises high performing individuals with strong academic credentials and professional experiences with backgrounds in management consulting and industry.
As New York Life continues to grow and evolve, it is seeking an experienced strategist to support and drive defined change initiatives and build the organizational capacity for change.
Thought Leadership & Advisory
- Drive development of long-term strategy for NYL, including aspects related to organizational change management; anticipate potential change impact to the enterprise and adjust strategic priorities, as needed
- Develop a strategic approach to driving organizational change within New York Life by appropriately leveraging and enhancing existing NYL change management methodologies and tools; develop and present recommendations to senior leadership to secure buy-in
- Provide viewpoint on change readiness to ensure effective execution of cross-functional strategic initiatives, including interdependencies between key business, technology and financial planning processes
- Engage with, and influence all levels of the organization, drive collaboration and trust, and ensure effective implementation of strategic priorities
- Oversee implementation of multiple key initiatives, working closely with line management responsible for executing change; define the associated change management imperatives and required resources
- Work closely with business and functional areas at New York Life to co-develop plans and materials related to change management initiatives
- Continue to establish change thought leadership by keeping abreast of industry best practices, developing strategic external partnerships and continuing to assess ongoing strengths and opportunities
- Manage governance processes, ensuring regular communication and coordination of initiatives across the executive management team
We are looking for outstanding individuals with excellent intellectual and analytical capabilities, pragmatic problem-solving skills, strong communications and influencing capabilities, a robust strategy, change management toolkit and a passion to effect change across the organization at the most senior levels.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
- 3-5 years in a top-tier management consulting firm
- Outstanding critical thinking, analytical and quantitative abilities gained through leading largescale, high impact strategy assignments
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and managing largescale organizational change initiatives - exhibit resilience and tenacity to keep stakeholders energized and committed to journey throughout the change lifecycle, managing fatigue and sticking with the change to realize expected business benefits
- Strong communication skills to promote key wins and new behaviors throughout the organization
- Collaborative leadership and work style with ability to effectively interact with, and earn trust of peers and senior management across the organization
- Project and process management skills, including proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Executive presence; self-starter with a keen sense of ownership and commitment to the work, and a passion to deliver results
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Segment: Social Media, Consulting, Management Consulting, Change Management, Marketing, Technology, Strategy, Management
Back to top