Integration Services Product Owner
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Location: Jersey City, NJ
The Integration Services Product Owner is accountable and responsible for working across the enterprise (business and technology) to define, develop, own and communicate the product roadmap to advance our integration services capabilities that will allow teams to deliver greater business value with speed.
Key enabler in establishing and driving direction of the Integration Competency Center
- Responsible for defining, developing, owning and communicating the API and Microservices product roadmap to advance the organization's digital initiatives
- Manage the API roadmap, prioritizing features by considering business priorities and investment trade-offs.
- Understands industry and internal business and technology stakeholders through primary and secondary VOC, Industry analysis and research as well as personal experience
- Articulate the business benefits of the API and use this to communicate value to the business.
- Works with cross discipline technical teams to drive maturity of an Agile and DevOps mindset with a bias on business and technology problem solving, execution and delivery, consistent high quality, high collaboration and high performance
- Instills API first thinking as a business enabler
- Ensures appropriate level of governance is established which includes integration policy, process, standards are well documented, understood and followed
- Be a catalyst in continually improving our integration competency
- Optimize the solution developer and citizen integrators experience in utilizing the APIs to promote a federated model and an environment of innovation
- Builds strategic relationship with enterprise data management team to establish an integrated roadmap between building services and data facilities; consistently executing and delivering in concert
- Experience developing and executing against an integration strategy and product roadmap
- Experience creating, implementing, and improving integration services (application and data)
- Experience executing in a mixed methodology delivery environment with the ability to drive and optimize an Agile / Dev Ops discipline
- Experience driving cross technology discussions to understand business strategies and initiatives and translate into the integration product roadmap (systems and data)
- Experience in implementing in hybrid infrastructure (cloud AWS and Azure, on-prem legacy, packaged solutions)
- Experience in cross-team collaboration to drive an integrated plan between integration services and data teams
- Demonstrates forward thinking ability to drive integration services that enable the organization in its digitial journey
- Technical adeptness in application and data integration
- Ability to listen and translate business and technology teams requirements into integration service products to drive business value and solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Ability to collaborate with architects and technical resources to effectively deliver
- Ability to establish metrics to measure API usage, business value realized
- Ability to plan strategically and execute tactically, establishing an environment of learning and adapting
- Ability to establish the appropriate level of controls and discipline to "protect" the environment while facilitating and deploying optimized processes, and technology that foster agility and speed to delivery
- Ability to navigate and lead in an environment where the culture is evolving
Education - Degrees/Certifications:
- Bachelor's of science degree and/or equivalent experience
- Masters in a business discipline preferred
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
- Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top