Identity Access Management Engineer
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
This opportunity offers the IAM engineer to be a recognized and strong resource within New York Life for Identity & Access Management Services and Platforms. You will be implementing the strategy to address internal and external business and regulatory issues while proactively identifying and solving complex problems that impact the management and direction of the business. The success IAM engineer will contribute to the development of the IAM functional strategy and be accountable for leading/managing multidisciplinary projects and processes. You will also be accountable for leading/managing a cross functional team across various workstreams.
- Perform the requirements, design, development, testing and implementation activities related to scalable IAM solutions that meet business requirements, policies, and IS standards.
- Architect and design solutions that integrate with new or existing IAM platforms including provisioning, de-provisioning and integration of applications for authentication
- Work with stakeholders to define and document business requirements and technical design documentation for the development of new connectors and robotics automation for business and technology applications
- Work with stakeholders to define and document new applications within SailPoint Identity IQ for automated and semi-automated provisioning, including related SoD, custom provisioning forms/work items
- Engineer, deploy, and maintain new data subsystems used in Identity Management and Access Management ecosystems, i.e. audit log repository and reporting, IAM Data Analytics capability that spans our multiple warehouses and repositories, ETL plant for effective and efficient data manipulation in and out of Identity Management and Access Management (IAM) context as well as between our own systems, and the seamless migration off and decommission of legacy repositories.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of IAM related policies, standards and processes
- Define and document requirements for enhanced IAM services such as base account provisioning and password sync (Password interceptor & Desktop Reset)
- Maintain alignment of IAM vision with Information Security objectives and business requirements
- Establish a continual service improvement plan and improve overall IAM service, focusing on operational, process and resource efficiency
- Establish and provide metrics that provide visibility in to performance, control compliance and efficiency of the IAM effort
- Assist with development and maintain process and control documentation supporting IAM services
- Assist with the development and delivery of training materials related to IAM processes and technologies
- Design, engineer and support a database to host Identity Management and Access Management (IAM) Reference Data required to support our Identity Management and Access Management business processes. This may be enhancements or an aggregation of existing repositories, EMP and EPR.
- Consult with key business stakeholders to evaluate functional requirements and translate these requirements into information security solutions.
- Provide guidance to business partners about applicability of information security to meet business needs.
- Support the documentation and accreditation processes necessary to ensure that new IT systems meet the organization's information security requirements.
- Respond to crisis or urgent situations to mitigate immediate and potential threats. Investigates and analyzes all relevant response activities.
- Ensure that IS security architecture, designs, plans, controls, processes are aligned with IS strategy and standards.
- Represent Information Security in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Advance IAM by driving policy and standard adoption and compliance
Core Technical Requirements:
- 10+ years documenting business and technical requirements, project plans, issues/risks
- 10+ years program management experience using both waterfall and agile methodologies
- 10+ years of experience managing projects through the full system development lifecycle
- 10+ years of experience with developing and maintaining run support procedures, standards and controls, including aggregation review and issue resolution, SoD violation reviews, NPE tracking and follow-up, native control reviews, password masking and encryption best practices
- 10+ years of experience in information technology, with a focus on information security in one or more of the following areas: IAM, cyber threats, security operations, data loss prevention, threat intelligence, security architecture, policy/governance
- 10+ years of architecture experience in a hands-on role
- 8+ years of experience with Active Directory, ODSEE or Ping
- 8+ years of experience with Windows, Linux and Solaris Operating Systems knowledge
- 8+ years of experience with one or more directories such as CA Directory, Oracle Directory, AD, Ping, or IBM Directory Server
- 8+ years of experience with one or more databases such as Oracle, IBM and MS SQL etc.
- 8+ years of experience with: major operating systems such as Microsoft Windows and Unix; mainframe security packages such as TopSecret, ACF2 and RACF; and/or leading packaged application solutions for ERP systems, Active Directory, Exchange, CRM systems or portals
- 8+ years of experience in configuring and administering SailPoint IIQ and Security IQ
- 8+ years of experience with configuring and maintaining SailPoint Identity IIQ, specifically performing role mining, RBAC, access certifications, workgroups, workflows
- 8+ years of experience in deploying SailPoint IIQ and Security IQ, including full development of workflows, provisioning forms, provisioning policies, custom forms, base account provisioning, password management, reports, access certifications, out-of-the-box connectors, custom connectors
- 8+ years of experience with federated identity and web services security concepts such as SAML, Liberty ID-FF and ID-WSF, WS-Federation, OpenID, OAuth and WS-Security
- Familiarity of RPA tools and related implementations
- Experience in SOX/MAR documentation and related controls
- Experience with ABAC & Policy Based Access Control Solutions such as Axiomatics, Plain ID, etc.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Segment: Manager, Social Media, Oracle, Database, Mainframe, Management, Marketing, Technology
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
Dan S.Business Development Lead
Dan is responsible for delivering software solutions that improve the insurance purchasing experience for clients.
Back to top