Identity & Access Management Engineer
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Location: NYC, Jersey City or Clinton New Jersey
The New York Life Technology Security Team is looking for a candidate to fill a role in the Identify and Access Management team. This person will act as a liaison with our service partners on all aspects of IAM. They will assist in monitoring the incident and work order queues on an exception basis, prioritize partner efforts (as needed), help define KPI's related to IAM, measure/monitor KPI's and SLA's, coordinate & supervise the deployment of new functionality (engineering will develop new functionality / tools), and work with BRM's to communicate planned outages and or incidents. This role is also accountable to ensure compliance to established policies & procedures.
The IAM team is responsible for but not limited to:
Account management across multiple platforms including:
- Active Directory
- Other LDAP directories
- Business Applications
- Remote access token management
- Reporting on account access and terminations
- Recertification access request changes
- Audit request fulfillment
The person filling this role must have excellent communication skills in order to provide direction to our service providers as well as interacting with users. A customer service orientation is required when working with business teams to understand their needs and address issues.
The candidate should also have the following:
- 5+ years IT security experience with basic expertise in information security administration systems and procedures.
- Preserves the integrity of Corporate Security by performing analysis of data, follow all Security policies and procedures which applies to all NYL owned equipment and systems.
- Work independent with minimal supervision, motivation and guidance.
- Serves as a resource to colleagues on security administration systems and processes.
- Possesses basic PC desktop software skills and working knowledge of MS Office, some ACF2/mainframe, Windows, Securid/Remote Access, management of powerful accounts and LDAP security administration
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills and capable of some decision-making abilities
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
- Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top