IAM Mainframe Security Engineer
- New York, NY
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Responsible for the mainframe platform security, including but not limited to applying security controls to mainframe operating system and online transaction processing.
- Develop repeatable security standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure proper documentation of security solutions and to facilitate effective handover to Operations.
- Architect, design and maintain in-house and vendor-based IAM mainframe utilities
- Create and maintain Technology Roadmap for mainframe security software products
- Interact directly with clients, managers, and peers to develop mainframe security solutions. Establish productive networks with internal and external customers, the vendor community, and peers in the industry
- Apply best practices, strategies, methodologies, and approaches to large scale security projects
- Maintain an industry awareness of new developments in the area of mainframe security, technology, operating system and online transaction processing
- Perform assessments of mainframe security policies, control, and standards. Then plan and implement recommendation and remediation actions.
5+ years of experience in mainframe technologies and security with a BA/BS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent understanding of the modern mainframe capabilities, cloud solutions and integration with distributed environment
- Excellent analytical, planning and communication skills
- Excellent written and communication skills. Must be able to clearly and concisely document procedures for various tasks needed to be performed by operational staff
- Able to resolve issues independently, analyzing solutions using judgment, knowledge and prior experience; develops a new perspective using existing solutions
- Track record of rapidly learning and mastering new technologies with the resources at hand, whether or not formal training is immediately available
- Excellent leadership skills with the capability to work closely with other technical areas (Storage Management, DB2, IWP, Hardware), vendors, consultants, and application developers
Required Technical Skills and Product Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of the mainframe operating system z/OS and security server ACF2 or RACF
- Good understanding of mainframe subsystems such as TSO, MQ, DB2 and CICS .
- Good understanding of the Mainframe hardware, zArchitecture and PRSM management concepts
- Good working knowledge of the Mainframe UNIX System Services as well as UNIX and/or Windows operating environments
- Good understanding of network concepts, TCP/IP, FTP, FTPS, SSH, SSL,
- Experience with zVM, MVS guest environment and zLinux
- Certifications in CISSP, CISA, or CISM
- Proficiency with EKC Tools
- Knowledge of any scripting language such as Rexx, java or Perl
- Experience with automation and scheduling packages ( ESP, OPS/MVS, ZOSMF)
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is highly desirable
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Segment: Engineer, Social Media, Mainframe, Developer, Security, Marketing, Engineering, Technology
Back to top