- New York, NY
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Locations: open to working in: New York, NY (New York) (Primary) , Atlanta, GA (Georgia), Dallas, TX (Texas), Jersey City, NJ (New Jersey), Lebanon, NJ (New Jersey), White Plains, and possibly additional areas.
Job Listing Detail
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
About the Identity and Access Management Program
The Identity & Access Management (IAM) program is a multi-year initiative focused on upgrading to best-in-class systems and processes in order to build a strong foundation for our organization's information security. MyAccess is a new platform that was introduced through the IAM Program with the strategic goal to streamline the process of requesting, managing, reviewing and certifying access to applications. It provides self-service functionality and an enhanced user experience.
Serving as an IAM Developer provides a unique opportunity to grow New York Life's IAM systems and tools while providing subject matter expertise on all technical aspects of IAM. The position will be responsible for collaborating with matrixed teams across technology and the business to architect and build out the IAM platforms. It is expected that the IAM Developer will provide advice to management related to the application and technical challenges encountered on a day to day basis. This role requires background and experience in IAM strategy, architecture and software development/engineering as well as an ability to ensure appropriate visibility, communication, and governance across key business partners and stakeholders. The role will require the ability to transform requirements documents provided by IAM Engineers into technical design documents. The IAM Developer will be expected to code/develop to the technical design document specification and working directly with the Engineer to ensure the developed work product is sufficiently tested without defects and ready for an upcoming production release. This individual will often have to learn on their own and remain on the cusp of new technologies in the IAM space. This position will report into the Identity and Access Governance Technical Lead.
Essential Job Functions
- Execute the design, development, testing and implementation of scalable IAM solutions that meet business requirements, policies, and IS standards.
- Maintain and enhance SailPoint IIQ and Security IQ and related integrated IAM services, processes & controls
- Architect and design solutions that integrate with new or existing IAM platforms including provisioning, de-provisioning and integration of applications for authentication
- Develop and deploy new connectors and robotics automation for business and technology applications
- Develop and deploy new applications within SailPoint Identity IQ for automated and semi-automated provisioning, including related Segregation of Duties, custom provisioning forms/work items
- Design, develop and maintain base account provisioning and password sync (Password interceptor & Desktop Reset) related workflows within SailPoint Identity IIQ
- Maintain alignment of IAM vision with Information Security objectives and business requirements
- Establish a continual service improvement plan and improve overall IAM service, focusing on operational, process and resource efficiency
- Establish and provide metrics that provide visibility into performance and efficiency of the IAM effort
- Assist with development and maintain process and control documentation supporting IAM services
- Engineer, deploy, and maintain new data subsystems used in Identity Management and Access Management ecosystems, i.e. audit log repository and reporting, IAM Data Analytics capability that spans our multiple warehouses and repositories, ETL plant for effective and efficient data manipulation in and out of Identity Management and Access Management (IAM) context as well as between our own systems, and the seamless migration off and decommission of legacy repositories.
- Design, engineer and support a data base to host Identity Management and Access Management (IAM) Reference Data required to support our Identity Management and Access Management business processes. This may be enhancements or an aggregation of existing repositories, EMP and EPR.
- This effort will require overcoming the existing fragmentation of the IAM domain to create models that are accepted and embraced by constituents in different parts of the Firm. The role will require working across organizational boundaries, within the Identity Management and Access Management (IAM) team and across Information Technology & Enterprise Data, to produce useful conceptual domain models and working repositories that help to efficiently manage Identity Management and Access Management complexities across the different stakeholders and use communities.
- Consults businesses and evaluates functional requirements. Translates these requirements into information security solutions. Provides guidance to business partners about applicability of information security to meet business needs.
- Supports the documentation and accreditation processes necessary to assure that new IT systems meet the organization's information security requirements.
- Responds to crisis or urgent situations to mitigate immediate and potential threats. Investigates and analyzes all relevant response activities.
- Ensures that IS security architecture, designs, plans, controls, processes are aligned with IS strategy and standards.
- Represent Information Security in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Core Technical Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience managing projects through the full system development lifecycle
- 5+ years of experience in information technology, with a focus on information security in one or more of the following areas: IAM, cyber threats, security operations, data loss prevention, threat intelligence, security architecture, policy/governance
- 5+ years of strong development / architecture experience in a hands-on role
- 5+ years of experience with one or more directories such as CA Directory, Oracle Directory, AD, Ping, or IBM Directory Server
- 5+ years of experience with: major operating systems such as Microsoft Windows and Unix; mainframe security packages such as TopSecret, ACF2 and RACF; and/or leading packaged application solutions for ERP systems, Active Directory, Exchange, CRM systems or portals
- 5+ years of experience with federated identity and web services security concepts such as SAML, Liberty ID-FF and ID-WSF, WS-Federation, OpenID, OAuth and WS-Security
- 5+ years of experience with development tools such as Eclipse, JDeveloper, Visual Studio and SQL Developer
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Active Directory, SSO, LDAP, Webservices and/or Java/JSP's
- 3+ years of experience in deploying SailPoint IIQ and Security IQ, including full development of workflows, provisioning forms, custom forms, base account provisioning, password management, reports, access certifications, out-of-the-box connectors, custom connectors
- Familiarity of requirements gathering and deploying RPA tools with SailPoint Identity IQ or equivalent IAG solution
- 3+ years of experience in maintaining SailPoint IIQ and Security IQ and related processes & controls
- 3+ years of experience with role mining and role based access control with SailPoint IIQ
- 3+ years of experience with one or more databases such as Oracle, IBM and MS SQL etc.
- 3+ years of experience with at least one of the following development environments/languages: J2EE, Java, C/C++, .NET, C# or PL/SQL
- 3+ years of Windows, Linux and Solaris Operating Systems knowledge
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle Weblogic, JBOSS, Tomcat, Apache or IBM WebSphere
- Working knowledge of virtual directories such as Oracle Virtual Directory, Radiant Logic and OctetString
- CISSP, J2EE or equivalent a plus
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent related field preferred, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Information Technology OR in lieu of the Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 5 years of experience in Information Technology.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Social Media, Oracle, Database, Engineering, Technology, Marketing
Back to top