Directory/Identity Management Engineer
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
- Designs and builds directory and associated data synchronization services, including Ping Directory, Active Directory, Azure AD and PKI services
- Analyzes identity management processes and services to reduce complexity, improve data quality, and improve process stability
- Provides L3/L4 support to operations teams to restore operations during P1 events and triage data quality issues
- Contributes to the development of the IAM functional strategy
- Resourceful, continuous learner able to adapt to new technologies quickly
- Perform the requirements, design, development, testing and implementation activities related to scalable enterprise directory and associated identity services
- Advanced knowledge of LDAP directories based on OpenDJ: Ping, Oracle or ForgeRock directories
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Advanced knowledge of data synchronization strategies and tools, including data synchronization engines and scripting languages (e.g. Perl, PowerShell, Python, Bash)
- Knowledge of certificate authorities, PKI and other authentication technologies
- Ability to evaluate controls and adhere to controlled technical development lifecycle and ITSM processes
- Work with stakeholders to define and document business requirements and technical design documentation to integrate applications into directory and identity services.
- Work across IAM teams to ensure architecture coherence and alignment across user administration and governance, privileged access management, web access management services, logging and SIEM services.
- Ensure that directory architecture, designs, plans, controls, processes are aligned with IS strategy and standards and be able to communicate and defend architecture positions.
Core Technical Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience with Active Directory, ODSEE or Ping
- 10+ years of experience with Windows, Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- 10+ years development or scripting experience using Perl, PowerShell, Python, Bash
- 10+ years following formal development lifecycle experience, including the development of business/technical requirements, design, build, test and release documentation
- Familiarity with the JAVA, C#, IDEs, source code control. Hands-on experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent related field preferred, with a minimum of 10+ years of experience in Information Technology OR in lieu of the bachelor's degree, a minimum of 15 years of experience in Information Technology
- Demonstrated continuous learning through applicable certifications a plus
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Segment: Manager, Information Systems, Social Media, Database, Oracle, Management, Technology, Marketing
Back to top