Delivery Lead - Agency Release Train
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
- Works with the business to formulate strategic direction and engages technology experts to recommend solutions
- Leads multiple development teams, managing through subordinate managers and technical experts. Provides leadership to the area, ensuring its effective integration with the rest of the technology community, and ensuring it adds value to NY Life.
- Provides direction and mentorship in SAFE and Agile concepts as adapted by NYL to subordinate managers, the technology and business teams
- Offer thought leadership in business direction using in depth knowledge and experience of Agency business goals/strategies and the Agency Technology ecosystem
- Manages relationships with business partners to ensure the business is optimally supported by all technology functions
- Understands the business needs of assigned customer area and provides technical support and recommendations
- Able to anticipate business needs in order to develop effective IT strategies.
- Counsels senior management and obtains buy-in for initiatives
- Links new, emerging technologies with business needs, while demonstrating strong understanding of the business organization's drivers to achieve full exploitation of the technologies
- Negotiates through areas of conflict and enables arrival at consensus.
- Provides input on solution development in coordination with the Domain Architect
- Ensures that the teams work together effectively, are effectively integrated with the other IT functions; that roles are clear and no overlaps or redundancies exist. Ensures that projects are staffed and resourced to achieve business objectives.
- Provides oversight to ensure projects meet business and technical requirements.
- Participates in business case, cost benefit and risk analysis based on the nature of the projects
- Provides guidance in identifying for improvement or decommissioning systems, processes and procedures that no longer offer sufficient business value
- Advises management on technical and architectural issues
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement, change and
Education / Training
Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Possesses an authoritative understanding of development processes, techniques and standards.
- Has in depth knowledge and experience in Agent and Field Management systems
- Has experience leading an Agile / Scrum team or teams
- Expert within the discipline of SAFE and Agile methodology
- Typical candidates will possess 12+ years of relevant experience
- Has experience that has kept up with industry trends, latest innovations, technology, and best practices
- Raised the bar in terms of technical expertise within this discipline through mentoring, training, coaching, and project and people leadership.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of software development team management experience
- 5+ years of Development (Technical) Lead experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC) is required.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Strong familiarity with IT software development methodologies and best practices
- Mastery of application development methods, including SAFE, Agile and waterfall, as well as the fundamentals of requirement specification, design, coding, and testing of business apps/systems
- Expert within the Development organization on the business, strategies, trends, and objectives of the business area supported.
- Understands business trends and the direction technology must take to support the business.
- Able to identify the strategic IT implications and opportunities resulting from major business strategies and change initiatives
- Expertise in software development lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in evaluating and recommending vendors in the Agency ecosystem
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Engineer, Social Media, Developer, Computer Science, Testing, Engineering, Marketing, Technology
Back to top