CVP, Relationship Management, Eagle Strategies
New York Life's primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women's markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds
The Senior Relationship Manager for New York Life's Registered Investment Advisor, Eagle Strategies, will serve as the primary liaison between The Company, our Financial Advisors, Vendors, and Third-Party Firms. This leadership role requires an organized problem solver with a track record of working collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team. Additionally, they will strategically align the design, technology innovation, and resources to build and evolve our advanced service offering delivering an elite level of service to our top clients/financial advisors.
The primary focus of the Senior Relationship Manager will be to foster relationships with business partners to ensure the advanced service offering is optimally supported along with establishing and maintaining quality relationships with vendors, Financial Advisors, Third Party Firms and NYL internal departments.
- Oversee a team of relationship managers responsible for coordinating strategic efforts between various external vendors and internal counterparties to deliver a high-quality service experience to top financial advisors affiliated with Eagle Strategies
- Liaise with various business areas of New York Life, improving collaboration across business units for top advisors and large client opportunities
- Forge partnerships with key platform relationships and ensure key platform relationships are held accountable to SLAs
- Manage end to end inquiries from Eagle Strategies top advisors related to account onboarding, investment operations, service requests, and technology/platform capabilities
- Develop strategy for platform value optimization and surface ideas for projects/initiatives that continually improve the efficiency of the overall platform (projects may include additional platform enhancements and/or the addition/integration of new technologies)
- Accountable for the delivery of a newly developed service proposition for top advisors
- Champion process and technology improvement efforts to develop new capabilities as appropriate
- Support and manage many strategic and tactical / ad hoc project requests as required
- Manage escalations process with Eagle Strategies Senior Management
- Develop and communicate metrics on platform relationships and daily/weekly activities (complex client situations, call volumes, accounts and service requests)
- Respond to a wide range of service inquiries & requests including highly complex matters relating to operational workflows that include several different parties (including top advisors, high net worth clients, investment managers, and technology partners)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance, or Economics
- 7+ years of experience in product management, sales support, operations, service, relationship management, or business development
- Organizational savvy, project management skills, proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must demonstrate ability to work in time sensitive situations dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity with wealth management industry and various advisor practice types
- Knowledge of investment management platforms and investment operations (RIA and Broker-Dealer)
- Series 7, 24 and 66 preferred
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Segment: Manager, Business Development, Relationship Manager, Product Manager, Business Manager, Management, Sales, Customer Service, Operations
Back to top