Corporate Vice President, Cyber Threat Intelligence
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Cyber Intelligence Analyst is a role in the Threat Intelligence team reporting to the Threat Intelligence Team Manager. The Cyber Intelligence Analyst performs intelligence colelction activities and provides analysis using the Intelligence OODA Loop framework to identify emergent cyber threats to New York Life.
- Develop and implement Cyber Intelligence Collection standards, processes and procedure, and guidelines for the enterprise
- Conducts research and evaluation technical and all-source intelligence - with specific emphasis on entwork operations and cyber tactics, techniques, and procedures - focusing on the threat to networked weapons platforms and New York Life information networks
- Correlates threat data from various sources and analyzes network events to establish the identity and modus operandi of maliciuos users active in New York Life networks or posing potential threats to New York Life network
- Reports security performance against established security metrics
- Will work closely with other technical, forensic, and incident management personnel to develop a fuller understanding of the intent, objectives, and activity of cyber threat actors
- Conduct complex cyber intelligence analysis, coordination, and interaction across a broad range of NYL, subsidiaries, and FSISAC activities
- Business communication
- Understands the trade-offs required to manage the different leves of risk tolernace and risk exposures across the organization and balance this with risk investments
- Understands "voice of the customer" and develops mechanisms to proactively sense adoption and usage patterns of consumer technologies by end users so that policy can align with need
- Coordinates with technology and business groups to assess, implement, and monitor IT-related security risks/hazards. Preapres assessments and cyber threat profiles of current events based on the sophisticated collection, research, and analysis of classified and open source information
- Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for Senior Level Management and Enterprise Technology Leaders
- Provides briefings and presentations to customer leadership supporting Information Security and Network Operations decision making
- Articulate complex Cyber Threats to non-technical business leaders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to train security concepts
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Assurance, Information Security, Strategic Studies, Cyber Intelligence or similar discipline preferred
- Security+ or CISSP certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Database, Executive, VP, Risk Management, Information Security, Technology, Management, Finance
Back to top