CA Clarity PPM Tools Support
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Note: Position wil be located in Jersey City, but temporairly in NYC till end of year
Responsible for managing the following functions: (1) PMO Tools Production and Functional Support for a user base in excess of 2,000. (2) PMO Tools Administration responsibilities This role requires an in-depth knowledge of the CA PPM tool, as well as, with all PMO disciplines: Demand Management, Resource Management, Portfolio Management, Program Management, Project Management, and Financial Management. This knowledge must span across industry best practices and tool best practices. This role requires acquiring subject matter expertise with how the tool has been implemented to support all of the PMO disciplines.
Manage PMO Tools Production & Functional Support / Administration
- Experience with production support role for the CA PPM tool via various channels: telephone, emails, Remedy, ServiceNow etc. Strong background with managing the intake of support requests, prioritizing them, and addressing them and/or delegating them in a timely fashion until closure.
- Experience managing geographically disperse team
- Experience working directly with CA PPM users to understand and resolve support issues and clarifications
- Experience with supporting large coordinated data loads in support of high profile initiatives
- Experience with administering CA PPM access via security groups, CA PPM configurations, views, portlets, etc.
- Strong knowledge of CA functionality: timesheets, project creation, WBS, financial plans (cost plans / budget plans), project hierarchy, resource management, roles, rate matrix, post to WIP, WIP adjustments, OBS capabilities, portfolios, applications, demand management, and reporting capabilities.
- Design, Implement and manage data quality cadences for various areas within the tool, such as Time Entry, Resource Onboarding/Off boarding, Functional Teams, general Production Support activities.
- Establish and maintain a Prod Support Metrics Framework that identifies trends and facilitates continuous improvement in the PS processes
- Requires a working knowledge of XOG, nSQL, and Gelscripts and Jaspersoft
- Experience using a defect management software tool such as Quality Center and implementing QA test scripts into it.
- Experience partnering with IT partners external to the CA PPM application development team to coordinate integration testing with external systems.
- Provides insightful analysis when evaluating an issue encountered during testing and able to clearly articulate it back to the PMO Tools Development team
- Minimum 5 years of managing the defined function for CA PPM tool and reporting functions from a Administration, Production Support and QA perspective required
- Minimum 5 years of management, supervisory or team leader experience with onshore and offshore resources
- Experience troubleshooting issues within the CA PPM tool required
- Experience with CA PPM version 13 or higher required
- Experience with Toad or a similar SQL Tool is a plus
- Experience with CA PPM XOG, nSQL, and Gel Script capabilities is a plus
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- Experience with ITIL concepts
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Ability to motivate teams
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Back to top