C# .Net developer Architect
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Note: Position is located in Sleepy Hollow, Weschester NY
We currently have an opening for a .net Sr. developer/architect in our VP/MS (Visual Product Modeling System) team. Visual Product Modeling System (VP/MS) is a software tool that centralizes the calculations to support the application systems in various deployment scenarios and across various platforms, including policy administration, compensation, and illustration systems.
Visual Product Modeling System (VP/MS) is a software tool that provides calculations and supports various application platforms including policy administration, compensation, and illustration systems.
This position will play a critical role in the design and development of .net tools, VP/MS models for the dividends, marketing areas utilizing the VP/MS programs to generate the dividends for the entire portfolio. The tools will facilitate analysis drawing insights from the data for various scenarios into actionable business plans and strategic initiatives.
Our ideal candidate is an individual that has extensive experience in design and development of financial C# .net applications. The candidate will have strong understanding of complex calculations typically used within insurance systems and ability to apply that knowledge to effectively develop and support effective and efficient systems.
- Develop graphical user interfaces, databases, reports using C #.net
- Design, develop and maintain dividend liability, marketing tools utilizing VP/MS models using C# .Net
- Design & develop reports to Identify actionable insights
- Develop mathematical VP/MS models for Life/ Annuities/Long Term Care to support various systems including illustration, admin, compensation systems.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for new and existing applications including operations, user guide, etc
- Prepare test plans and sign-off documents.
- Supports systems development by providing technical expertise
- Work with the business and technical resource teams, understanding the business requirements and developing technical strategies/solutions that align with business objectives.
- Ensure proper adherence to internal and external Governance.
- Serve as the Technical Project Lead
- Bachelor’s degree with preferred majors in Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Mathematics
- 10+ years of C# .Net programming experience
- Experience with ASP.NET web technologies
- Expertise in relational databases like SQL Server and building graphical user interfaces like WinForms/WPF/Universal Windows Platform
- Experience in APL, VP/MS is a plus
- Experience with Visual Studio Report Designer (RDLC)
- Excel, MS Access,
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries and drive results on cross-functional projects
- Ability to multi-task and handle shifting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical ability
- Understanding of actuarial and statistical concepts is a plus
- Demonstrated product knowledge of life insurance and annuity products.
- Prior experience with Life/Annuity/LTC insurance illustrations/Admin/Actuarial systems is a plus
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Back to top