Business Planning and Consolidation Team Member
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2014 operating earnings of $2.021 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2014, with affiliates, totaled $552.82 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for 170 years.
Position location: Dallas, TX
Supports and understands NYL’s financial business processes and maintains NYL BPC modules for planning and forecasting in 10.1 embedded version and other integrated components along with experience in SAP business objects AFO and integration aspects with SAP ECC. Works closely with business partners to define financial requirements for the SAP application. Protects the functionality of the system by adhering to specific development lifecycles with an overall understanding of how functional and technical components of the application work together to provide functionality to the NYL end user community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and maintain the planning module in SAP Business Objects Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) 10.1
- Facilitate solution architecting workshops with business managers and end-users to determine the functional requirements
- With their expertise in SAP BPC, the team member is responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, technical and functional application management.
- This role also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
- Expert in SAP BPC planning module and accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. Knowledge on the integration with SAP ECC and other components is required.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree with Minimum 5 years experience in SAP BPC planning implementation
- Atelast 3 full life cycle implementation experience
- Experience in financial services industry is preferred
- Must have experience in 10.1 embeded model
- Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management along with experience in SAP AFO reporting
- Should have integration knowledge between SAP BPC with ECC
Business Team Partnership: Coaches staff on enhancements to plans and implementations based on extensive experiences in the industry and a wide breadth of knowledge regarding business team’s operational needs
Consulting: Collaborates with business partners on key business issues and plays a part in the decision-making process; offers constructive advice on business processes, functions, and re-engineering opportunities resulting from the implementation of technology; presents broad, complex information and concepts in an influential or persuasive way that results in action
Customer Service Orientation: Thinks proactively and independently about business partner’s needs and collaborates with them to develop best approaches to certain issues; synthesizes the needs of multiple customers in the coordination of complex multiple services
Initiative: Takes decisive, proactive actions to either create opportunities or minimize potential problems; seizes the opportunity to initiate new activity or to introduce new approaches into the organization and proactively addresses next steps, upcoming issues, and obstacles.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Back to top