New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City and maintains offices in all fifty states.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer.
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Our primary business areas are Life Insurance, Retirement and Investments supported by an industry leading Career Agency Distribution channel, Direct to Consumer channel and Third Party Distribution channels.
The business analyst role is responsible and accountable for the analysis and discovery, development, completion and quality of the business requirements documentation for assigned programs, projects and initiatives. This includes translation of the business problem and/or need into clear, concise specifications and outcomes to deliver an optimal solution.
The business analyst should be able to work independently, develop a deep understanding of the business processes, rules, and opportunities as well as understanding the technologies and solutions that support them.
- Engage and interact with business stakeholders and SMEs, product owners through interviews, JAD sessions, process workshops, work shadowing to gather and develop problem statements, detailed business requirements, process workflows and use cases
- Acquire the technical knowledge and understanding of the systems and requirements at a very detailed level including an understanding of data points and sources, system dependencies and interactions.
- Develop business requirements documentation that is thorough, complete and presented in a manner that is digestible to the target audiences, following defined standards and industry best practices and techniques
- Establishes meaningful traceability between related requirements
- Provide level of effort estimates within an acceptable level of accuracy
- Works with solution delivery team to develop and present prototypes, content proofs where required
- Present requirements to obtain sign-off
- Work closely with project management for duration of project acting as a conduit between the business teams and the solution delivery team as it relates to business requirement specifications
- Identify and recommend appropriate strategic solutions (applications and workflows), ensuring development is within scope and addresses the business needs
- Coordinate change requests to the business requirements working with project management and solution delivery team to effectively identify impact and prioritize
- Provide recommendations on potential opportunities for further enhancements and present recommendations to business stakeholders and project management
- Works with team to identify delivery process improvements
- Works with test team to review test plans for completeness and accuracy
- 3-5 years of business analysis experience including the use of best practices to elicit and develop
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Experience working in a team-based agile or waterfall development environment
- Experience working in a Financial Services industry
- Experience working in content management and digital platforms, preferably Adobe AEM
- Experience working in a requirements management tool, perferably Blue Print
- Experience is constructing use case diagrams, and process flows
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Proven ability to navigate a complex environment
- Knowledge of and ability to manage IT work activities, processes and progress within a system to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Proven ability to work in a team oriented environment across disparate locations
- Strong analytic problem-solving, critical-thinking skills
- Strong organizational, time management and teamwork skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Working knowledge of industry collaboration and documentation tools
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new thinking and technologies to a problem as the need arises
Education - Degrees/Certifications
- Bachelor degree in computer science, communications, or a related dscipline
- Business Analysis CBAP or equivalent certification a plus
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Computer Science, Testing, Project Manager, Finance, Technology
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top