New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Position: Business Analyst – Enterprise Data Management
Location: 110 Cokesbury Rd,Lebanon NJ 08833
The Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team provides transformative data capabilities and solutions that serve as the core data, reporting, and analytics platform for the Insurance & Agency Group at New York Life (NYL).
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions as a representative of Enterprise Data management.
- Analyze requirements and assesses feasibility; consult technical team as appropriate.
- Elicit and document functional and non-functional requirements.
- Facilitate requirements management, walk-through and signoffs.
- Review design documents, test strategy, test plans and test cases to ensure requirements are covered.
- Interface with Business Partners, Data Architect, ETL lead and Quality Assurance lead to translate and simplify requirements, ensure requirements are met throughout entire TDLC framework, and verify that the implemented solution meets the requirements.
- Act as a liaison between the business and IT design & delivery teams.
- Provide Level 0 estimates after reviewing the requirements and discussions with the Technical leads.
- Responsible for doing Gap analysis between the existing warehouse data and the new requirements.
- Work directly with the multiple Lines of Business ( In force Marketing, Pre Sales & Marketing)
- Collaborates with Solution architect, Data modeler and Data architect.
- Interface with Business teams to understand business strategies, requirements, and pain points that can be aided by business solutions, reports, and analytics.
- Interface with Technology teams to export, transform and deliver data elements to stakeholders in a timely fashion.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
- 8-10 Years of relevant experience performing Business and data analysis.
- 5+ Years working in the Life Insurance Industry.
- 5+ Years working in the Enterprise Data warehouses.
- 5 + Years of writing SQL queries for Data Analysis & Data Reconciliation preferably in Oracle.
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of Technology development Life cycles.
- Ability to work in a Waterfall and an agile project methodology.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
- Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meet Some of New York Life Technology's Employees
HR Business Partner
As an HR Business Partner to New York Life's Technology Team, Chester is a valued partner who delivers services to support the team's objectives and employees.
Back to top