A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Looking for a highly motivated Business Intelligence Analyst with well-rounded experience to join New York Life's Long Term Care insurance (LTCi) Data and Analytics team. Long-term care is ongoing assistance someone needs to do basic daily activities as the result of a chronic health challenge or cognitive impairment. These various home, community-based and facility services are generally not covered by private health insurance or government programs. The Data and Analytics team a team within the LTCi business that supports the data and reporting needs across its business disciplines, including actuarial, claims, accounting, marketing, etc. We partner with and support each area, leveraging data to drive business strategy, decision making and support of our distribution efforts.
This role requires an individual with a strong sense of ownership, technical and analytical expertise as well as the ability to effectively communicate between business teams and technical teams. In this role, you will focus on partnering with the business areas to better understand data and analytics needs needed to drive the business forward. In addition, the role also requires you to create dashboards, KPIs within Qlik Sense and other tools and develop innovative ways of leveraging data to support a wide cross section of our organization.
The ideal candidate will apply a high energy level and business sense to work and communicate with key stakeholders, and be able to build those business requirements into Qlik Sense reports and other analytical tools and platforms to fill those business needs.
- Independently work with the business to identify business data and analytics needs.
- Develop and produce KPIs, dashboards and scorecards.
- Creating more value from data: Exploring the impact of business strategy changes on information management and investigating ways to extract additional value from existing information assets.
- Data modeling: Understanding and providing input for data models in all their forms, including conceptual models, relational database designs, data flows and others.
- Contribute to business process models and documentation for internal and external data sources coming into Hadoop Data Lake and SQL Server/Oracle data warehouses.
- Analyze and evaluate data / information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile / address conflicts or business issues
- Write SQL to query complex data structures
- Utilize data wrangling, data matching and ETL techniques to explore variety of data sources, gain data expertise and create datasets to support advanced modeling and Business Intelligence reports
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- 2+ years experience as a Business/Data Analyst, position level commensurate with experience
- Experience with SQL Server, MS Excel, Qlik.
- Excellent understanding of data and relationship. Ability to write SQL to query complex data structure.
- High level of curiosity and investigative mind-set with an attention to detail
- Experience using large databases to solve problems
- Strong analytical, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly experienced at dealing with clients/users at all levels
- Experience working with Big Data, R, Hadoop is a plus
Education - Degrees/Certificates:
Master or Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Finance, Computer Science, Statistics or related discipline
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Social Media, Database, Oracle, ERP, Finance, Marketing, Technology
Back to top