- New York, NY
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
The Senior Associate/Business Analyst's primary responsibility is to support the Underwriting R&D team by identifying and delivering new capabilities on the digital roadmap for our purchase experience strategy and forming a strong understanding of current business processes to deliver future capabilities. Business Analysts are expected to document current and proposed workflows, work to resolve any systems issues and shepherd requests for new enhancements to process, technology and workflow from idea through to implementation.
The Business Analyst role provides exposure to all business units within New Business and Underwriting and demands flexible thinking as tasks are highly variable, changing often based on emerging business needs and industry trends. We are looking for outstanding individuals with excellent analytical and communication capabilities, creative problem-solving skills, project management discipline, and a passion for process improvement. A strong understanding of technology and distribution needs/practices is a plus.
- Documents current and future workflows and propose enhancements designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of all application and underwriting processes. Much of this work will be to support Purchase Experience roadmap, a series of initiatives designed to streamline the underwriting process and improve the agent/customer experience
- Leverage extensive life new business and underwriting knowledge to develop workflows that are comprehensive, concise, and accurate for new and complex processes that meet regulatory requirements and reflect any technology enhancements
- Assist with the iterative development of business requirements by collaborating with technical business analysts throughout a project's lifecycle
- Collaborate with user acceptance testing team to establish acceptance criteria on new technology capabilities to ensure it meets business customer's expectations
- Facilitate the development and distribution of workflow process changes to all stakeholders and business groups
- Participate on working teams assigned to assess and improve workflow processes
- Evaluate business workflows to determine sustainability and identify enhancements that align with technology enhancements, best practices, and with department/business strategy
- Develop metrics to assist management with assessment of performance for individuals, systems and processes that support the business' strategic initiatives
- Analyze data and develop recommendations that enable the division to underwrite cases more efficiently and improve other new business processes
- Provide operational support to all New Business teams
- Assist underwriting teams with systems issues and requested enhancements
- 3-5 years of experience
- Preferred experience with Agile practices and methodologies
- Excellent understanding of development concepts and SDLC methodologies
- Minimum 1-2 years of life insurance and/or underwriting experience
- Content and practical experience in own discipline and may have basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Leadership: acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable resource requirements
- Problem-solving: Solves broad range of problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment on the analysis of multiple sources of information and education and/or equivalent experience
- Decision Making: Makes decisions within broad guidelines and policies that impact own team and other related teams
- Communication Skills : Explains difficult or sensitive information; collaborates with others to build consensus
- Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred: Master's Degree
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Underwriter, Social Media, Project Manager, Finance, Insurance, Marketing, Technology
Back to top