Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Application Developer
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Location is Dallas, TX
Job Description/ Key Responsibilities
- Designs and Implements Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) solutions.
- Formulates AEM development best practices and guidelines.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert and be the “go to” person for all things AEM.
- Mentors other developers on AEM development.
- Conducts code walk-thru with team members and ensures that best practices are followed.
- Help estimate development efforts of varying sizes.
- Can work in an Agile development process.
- Help the team to achieve higher levels of competency, effectiveness and internal process improvement.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and be able to work independently as well.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks across multiple projects, under tight deadlines.
- Willingness to switch gears quickly and be flexible to work on concurrent projects.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Minimum of 7 years of solid Java EE development experience with atleast 2 years developing large scale AEM/CQ solutions.
- Thorough understanding and hands-on experience in the building blocks of AEM/CQ
a. Template, Components, Widgets, Workflow, DAM etc.
b. Technical stack – Sling, Felix, Oak/Jackrabbit (JCR)
- Experience in Adobe AEM 6.x is a big plus.
- Experience in personalization and Adobe Target is big plus.
- Good to have AEM Sightly component development experience.
- Knowledge of Apache Web Server, Apache re-write, proxy is desirable.
- Experience in building/deploying applications using Git, Maven & Jenkins.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Back to top