WebSphere Portal Administrator
Job Title: WebSphere Portal Administrator
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
The WebSphere Portal Administrator is responsible for the installation, migration, configuration and support of Enterprise Portal project, a single point of entry for multiple CMS applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Installs and migrates various WebSphere Portal Server versions (6.1, 7.0, 8.0, 8.5).
- Installs, configures and supports IBM Lotus Quickr 8.5.
- Implements and supports WebSphere Portal Upgrades.
- Creates JDBC Providers, Data sources, and JAAS authentication aliases in order to provide connectivity to databases.
- Performance tuning of WebSphere Application server and Portal Server, IBM HTTP server for optimal performance based on user load.
- Debugs and improves performance by analyzing GC and Heap, using IBM ISA Lite.
- Enables administration security on WebSphere Application Server environment using LDAP (SUNONE) and assigns privileges to users and groups.
- Automates Site Analytics and various other reports using SHELL/JYTHON scripting.
- Supports the Deployment of numerous CMS enterprise applications and leads the troubleshooting sessions whenever there were issues.
- Automates daily scheduled tasks with CMS Tivoli Work Scheduler (TWS).
- Integrates multiple verticals using Web Services for Remote Portlets (WSRP) and Web Application Bridge (WAB).
- Integrates various vendors’ COTS (Commercial-Off-The-Shelf) products like MicroStrategy, SAP Business Objects, Adobe Livecycle, IBM Lotus Quickr, IBM COGNOS and Informatica.
- Implements and supports Web Content Management (WCM) at CMS using IBM tools.
- Migrates and synchronizes Portal Content to different data centers for Global load balancing
- Integrates Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) like Sun Access Manager, Oracle Access Manager with Portal, along with J2EE policy agent and web agent.
- Provides 24/7 on-call production support for various CMS applications as a IBM middleware administrator for portal and websphere technologies.
- Works with IBM support on numerous PMRs for resolving bugs and issues with CMS applications.
- Involved in the planning and identification of business needs which helped the team to develop/integrate applications with portal efficiently with a less number of changes requested by the business.
- Documents all deployment procedures and Disaster recovery management.
- Monitors JVM performance, pages, portlets and various other resources using CA Wily Introscope.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 year of experience with WebSphere
- 1-3 years of experience in a related field.
- Health Information Technology experience and background is highly desirable.
- Experience on a CMS project
- Ability to work in a team environment and have sound judgment.
- Able to work closely with all project stakeholders such as business users, project managers, external contracting staff, and business analysts while delivering solutions.
- Works with limited supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Project
- SharePoint (User)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
Meet Some of NewWave Technologies's Employees
Azeb shapes the work environment for both NewWave and its clients by coordinating plans, conferences, and collateral for large customers, or organizing regular events for internal employees.
Back to top