Job Title: Test Engineer
FLSA Classification: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies.
- Designs, implements, and conducts test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
- Develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products.
- Writes, implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing. Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
- Serves as subject matter specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user. requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
- Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree and professional certifications in a relevant field. Preferred certifications or experience in the following:
- Windows 7 and higher
- MS Office 2010 and higher
- MS Project 2010 and higher
- MS SharePoint 2007 and higher
- Microsoft SQL Server - OLTP/OLAP, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Oracle 10g Database Server and higher
- SUN Solaris 8 and higher
- Windows Server 2008 and higher, Hyper-V, System Center
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Sufficient knowledge to support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
- Knowledge of test tools and strategies.
- Knowledge of test scripts and architectures of application products.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
Back to top