Job Title: Technical Writer
FLSA Classification: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Ensures content is of high quality and conforms to standards.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Technical Writing.
- Master’s degree and professional certifications in a relevant field. Preferred certifications or experience in the following:
- Windows 7 and higher
- MS Office 2010 and higher
- MS Project 2010 and higher
- MS SharePoint 2007 and higher
- Microsoft SQL Server - OLTP/OLAP, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Oracle 10g Database Server and higher
- SUN Solaris 8 and higher
- Windows Server 2008 and higher, Hyper-V, System Center
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to write technical articles, reports, brochures, and manuals.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate with many staff on a project.
Back to top