Sr. Backup Administrator
Sr Principal Backup Administrator is responsible for providing Infrastructure backup support across the organization and in support of multiple IT projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up Tape Library in the environment, sets schedules, policies and encryption.
- Works with infrastructure team to ensure all systems are backed up and can be restored.
- Manages Daily and Weekly Backups using IBM Spectrum Protect and IBM disk backup solution.
- Removes tapes from the library and prep for them to be sent offsite.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 10-15 years of related system administration experience.
- Experience with Large Backup systems.
- Experience with Backup Exec.
- Has worked with NDMP snapshot backups from SAN.
- Knowledge of IBM and EMC SAN arrays.
- Experience with snapshots creation and restoration.
- Experience setting up Compression and Deduplication.
- Configuration of Brocade and MDS switches.
- Knowledge of ZFS appliance.
- Knowledge of system principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
- Experience with IBM Spectrum Protect software and ability to configure redundant backup sites.
- Experience developing and adhering best practices, to include compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Direct experience troubleshooting networks and network components.
- Comprehensive knowledge of related hardware and software.
- Experience providing assistance to users, optimizing system operations, and monitoring IT enterprise systems.
- Must be a strong independent thinker, capable of working independently as well as within a team.
- Experience and knowledge of information security principles and practices.
- Experience and knowledge of security protocols and standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Project
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
Meet Some of NewWave Technologies's Employees
Azeb shapes the work environment for both NewWave and its clients by coordinating plans, conferences, and collateral for large customers, or organizing regular events for internal employees.
Back to top