Senior Systems Administrator
The Senior Systems & Network Engineer is ultimately responsible for the performance / uptime of the application hosting and development environments, as well as contributing to the design and planning of new hosting services. Successful candidates will be motivated team players, passionate about being involved in all aspects of technology, creative problem solvers, detail-oriented in nature with a strong sense of ownership, able to prioritize multiple projects and have strong communication skills. Must be willing to learn new technologies and take on new responsibilities as they arise.
Candidates must have experience managing Windows-based application environments in an interactive production infrastructure, as well as a full understanding of configuration, performance optimization, and maintenance of Windows, IIS, and general MS technologies and networking. Experience with IaaS including Azure and AWS a must. Advanced storage and virtualization required. Working knowledge of RedHat administration a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of a complex server-based domain. Identify and correct hardware and software issues on servers, clients, and network; Provide detailed analysis and trouble-shooting guidance for real-time system crisis.
- Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems, including implementing vulnerability management activities, examining system data, and implementing improvements for reliability and performance.
- Provide in-depth analysis on existing configurations and develop plans and implement enhancements to include configuring servers, clients, storage devices, and network components.
- Plan and manage system installs and upgrades for networks and servers (hardware and software).
- Sets up administrator and service accounts. Maintain system documentation
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develop and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Develop and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provide technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects; Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or the equivalent of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-7 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Focus: Windows and Cloud experience
- Experience developing and adhering best practices, to include compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Direct experience troubleshooting networks and network components.
- Comprehensive knowledge of related hardware and software.
- Experience providing assistance to users, optimizing system operations, and monitoring IT enterprise systems.
- Must be a strong independent thinker, capable of working independently as well as within a team.
- Experience and knowledge of information security principles and practices.
- Experience and knowledge of security protocols and standards.
- Heavy automation experience that adheres to software development disciplines with very strong knowledge of PowerShell.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Internet based technologies (DNS, Security, IP Routing, SSH, FTP, HTTP/HTTPS, Email Routing, etc). Advanced - Networking in Cloud Infrastructure
- Work closely with development teams to resolve Product issues. Schedule installations and upgrades and maintenance in accordance with established IIS policies, procedures and SLAs.
- 10 years of experience in a large Microsoft Windows environment (Windows 2008/2012 R2). Detailed technical knowledge of the Windows operating system and Active Directory, DNS and Windows Sysinternals.
- Extensive technical experience with virtualization and cloud deployments using Azure and AWS
- Heavy experience with optimizing configuration management and server deployment using automation, with a strong preference towards Powershell.
- MS Load Balancer/F5 Load Balancer/Nginx/HAProxy/Windows Failover Clustering.
- Certification: MCSE, CCNP
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have working knowledge of PowerShell.
- Ability to architect and implement solutions which maximize system availability and performance via clustering and fault-tolerance.
- Solid understanding of IP network technologies and software tools for performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Knowledgeable of systems auditing implementation and controls. SOX and PCI compliance experience a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently, but also within a team
- Ability to work with no direct supervision. Detail oriented, Very punctual
- Must be able to learn quickly in a highly technical fast paced environment.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills
- Must be willing to regularly work off-hours / weekends to support operational tasks as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Project
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
Back to top