NewWave is seeking an experienced Proposal Coordinator to join our business development team. The Proposal Coordinator is tasked with supporting primarily Federal Government proposals from capture through award. The Proposal Coordinator will assist with managing multiple proposal efforts simultaneously. The ideal candidate will work closely with the proposal manager, proposal writers, editors and business development team, to produce proposals that are focused and responsive to customer-defined requirements. The Proposal Coordinator will establish consistency and provide administrative support during the proposal development process. He or she will provide word-processing and desktop publishing skills to produce proposals and presentations of the highest quality. Often, the Proposal Coordinator will prepare the proposal schedule, manage assignments and collect and organize proposal content.
Duties and Responsibilities
NewWave Technologies is seeking an experienced proposal coordinator who will support all phases of the proposal development process. This individual will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review RFIs/RFPs/RFQs for proposal production/documentation guidelines and work with the Proposal Manager to develop production schedules. Follow all proposal department processes, procedures, and best practices.
- Work with Proposal Manager to develop assignment lists and proposal kickoff materials
- Create outlines, build templates, proof drafts, prepare review drafts and final editions, schedule meetings and track completion of assignments
- Provide administrative support to the Proposal Manager, as required
- Distribute, organize, and coordinate data calls
- Attend meetings with the business development, and participate in discussions regarding business development opportunities.
- Identify and tailor appropriate project descriptions/past performance to meet specific requirements. Request updates from technical staff and track submittals, when needed.
- Proposal reproduction support, perform document layout, ensuring that the final product is aesthetically appealing; proofread as assigned; perform document production, binding, mailing, and shipping. Arrange and confirm deliveries.
- Proposal Configuration Management - Manage electronic proposal files, including SharePoint files, and ensure file closeout procedures are followed.
- Maintain inventory of proposal supplies (binders, special paper, labels, etc.)
- Interface with graphic designers in creation and editing of graphics for proposals, including configuration management of all graphics files.
- Research and collect information about business opportunities, potential customers, competition and pricing as needed using tools provided.
- Manage NewWave’s proposal content library
- Minimum 2 years experience in Federal Proposal coordination
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Understanding of Federal Contracting bid process
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent proofreading abilities.
- Familiar with Shipley proposal process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Outlook), Adobe Professional, and SharePoint required.
- Ability to synthesize information and present findings in writing and orally
- Ability to give clear, concise directions and organize large volumes of information.
- Comfortable speaking with executive and senior level management teams.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment often with short notice, to meet deadline
- Familiar with capture and business development tools such as GovWin, Bloomberg, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM
- Experience with the support services or IT Consulting industry, such as management/technical consulting firm, program support, engineering, IT, logistics, and training.
- Healthcare industry experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
Back to top