PMO Project Manager
Job Title: PMO Project Manager
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
The PMO Project Manager will report to the PMO Manager and will be responsible for daily support of PMO activities, including the management and effectiveness of the NewWave Project Management Office (PMO) tasks and deliverables, at the direction of the PMO Manager. This position will support the development, implementation and continuous improvement of PMO policies, procedures, practices, tools, and training leading to highly effective and streamlined project management approaches and outcomes. This position is a key member of the organization’s division of Corporate Compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Support the development and maturation of the Project Management Office, continuously improving the effectiveness of the PMO in support of Operations and Program Delivery.
- Develop, implement and maintain project management best practices and standard practices (leveraging PMBOK, CMMI and other industry standards) to support project activities within the organization
- Assist Program Delivery organizations with implementation of PMO best practices across each of the organization’s respective projects; work closely with Project Managers to ensure effective utilization of Industry, Corporate and PMO best practices.
- Serve as a subject matter expert within the organization for project management knowledge areas and work with the Leadership team to update Project Management methodology and acquire, implement and institutionalize tools for the organization Establish and implement a methodology for assessing project compliance with the organization’s project management standards, such as risk management, schedule management, quality, and financial management.
- Define, implement, and measure effectiveness of project management methodologies as well as project management tools used across the Organization.
- Work with the PMO Manager to develop and measure against Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the PMO and the projects
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with organizational stakeholders (e.g., program delivery team)
- Assist Project Managers with Agile methodology; Assess compliance of development process with Agile processes.
- Support development of the PMO’s Earned Value Management capabilities
- Provide training and mentoring to the organization as related to project management best practices and standard practices
- Manage internal/external NewWave projects as required, including implementation of IT systems within the organization
- Onboard new contracts and facilitate the NewWave contract startup process
- Support the implementation and ongoing configuration of Microsoft Project Server within the organization; ensure implemented solution meets current and future organizational needs
- Define the organization’s scheduling process/guidelines; provide schedule management support and guidance to project teams
- Provide on-going maintenance and administrative support of the Project Server environment; ensuring future releases and enhancements
- Demonstrate, support and live the NewWave Corporate core values on a day to day basis
- Customer First
- People Focused
- Integrity Everyday
- Social Responsibility
- Quality Driven
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
- 3 - 5 years Project Management Office experience
- 5 – 7 years of hands on project management experience
- 3 years Project Server 2010 or 2013 experience
- CMMI L3/L4 experience in a Government Contracting environment
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Attention to detail, quick learner, have a positive attitude, ability to multi-task, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess excellent critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Project Server 2010 or 2013 implementation experience is highly desirable.
- Health Information Technology experience and background is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the organization and functions of an information technology business operation.
- Ability to work in a team environment and have sound judgment.
- Attention to detail, quick learner, have a positive attitude, ability to multi-task, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of all deliverables.
- Be able to perform the analysis as defined with specific Medicare laws, regulations, manuals, instructions and any additional information assigned by management.
- Possess critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills.
- Understanding and wide application of methodology and subject matter related concepts, practices, standards and procedures with a general knowledge of other related business disciplines.
- A demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new technologies as needed as well as a willingness to do collaborative software development as necessary
- Able to work closely with all project stakeholders such as business users, project managers, and business analysts while delivering solutions.
- Works with limited supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Project
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
Back to top