MACPro Support Project Manager
The Medicaid and CHIP Business Information Solution (MACBIS) Project Management Office (PMO) Project Manager (MACPro Support PM) will report to the MACBIS PMO MACPro Project Manager and will be responsible for daily and long-term support of PMO activities in support of the CMCS MACBIS MACPro development efforts, including the management and effectiveness of MACBIS PMO tasks and deliverables, including both project-specific, and enterprise level, at the direction of management. This position will support the development, implementation and continuous improvement of PMO policies, procedures, practices, tools, and training leading to highly effective and streamlined project management approaches and outcomes for our CMS customer at the Centers for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS).
MACPro is a complex system with multiple partners and stakeholders. Additional support is needed to assess and coordinate MACPro operational readiness. The MACPro Support PM will provide project implementation coordination support to the MACPro Project Manager. This support will ensure that the operational roll-out of system development efforts is successful. Operational roll-out is not considered system development oversight and support, but rather should be seen as the utilization of the system as part of CMS daily operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- As a support PM, provide assistance to the MACBIS PMO MACPro Project Manager in the development and implementation of PMO processes and tasks; work with other managers to understand their vision and objects, and support these objectives by taking a lead role in the development, implementation, and growth of PMO processes and activities.
- Assist program delivery efforts specific to the MACBIS MACPro development effort. Implement PMO best practices; work closely with MACBIS PMO Project Managers and stakeholders to ensure effective utilization of industry best practices through identification and implementation of standards.
- Promote the use of, and provide guidance in the implementation of Agile methodology; Assess compliance of development process with Agile processes.
- Provide training and mentoring to the MACPro team as related to project management best practices and standard practices
- Maintain the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of reporting artifacts that are required on a weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly basis.
- Demonstrate, support and live the NewWave Corporate core values on a day to day basis
- Customer First
- People Focused
- Integrity Everyday
- Social Responsibility
- Quality Driven
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required within 12 months
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
- 1-3 years Project Management Office experience
- 1-3 years of hands on project management experience
- SDLC knowledge and 2-years of experience in a software development environment
- 1 year Microsoft Project experience
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Attention to detail, quick learner, have a positive attitude, ability to multi-task, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills.
- Works with limited supervision.
- Ability to take the lead on time sensitive deliverables/actions even when not directly instructed by leadership.
- Ability to adapt and pivot from one task to another based on priorities at a given moment.
- Office is located in Windsor Mill, MD, no remote work.
- Health Information Technology experience and background is highly desirable.
- Experience on a CMS project.
- Ability to work in a team environment and have sound judgment.
- Able to work closely with all project stakeholders such as business users, project managers, external contracting staff, and business analysts while delivering solutions.
- Technical background/experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Project
- SharePoint (User)
- Business Process Model and Notation
- Software Development Methodologies – Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
Back to top