MACBIS PMO O&M Project Manager
The MACBIS PMO Operations & Maintenance, Release Management, Change Management Lead will report to the MACBIS PMO Enterprise Project Manager. The O&M Lead will work under the direction of the CMS Division of Operations and Technical Services (CMCS/DOTS) providing support for the operations and maintenance of current operational/legacy systems. Additionally, the O&M Lead will work with DOTS staff to develop, implement, and maintain MACBIS enterprise services related to change management and release management. This position will support the development, implementation and continuous improvement of PMO policies, procedures, practices, tools, and training leading to highly-effective and streamlined project management approaches and outcomes for our CMS customer at the Centers for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Lead NewWave efforts in conjunction with the Center of Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS) to provide operations and management support to the DOTS division for existing operational/legacy systems. Tasks in this area include weekly meetings with division management, and facilitating support requirements affecting multiple stakeholders within CMCS, and MACBIS.
- Provide guidance to CMS MACBIS management in the development, implementation, and maintenance of release management and change management processes and procedures. The processes will apply to all MACBIS systems and projects according to an implementation schedule to be established. Processes should adhere to Agile software development principles.
- Lead the development of consistent processes across the customer organization. Ability to access processes and work with customer to streamline and implement industry best standards.
- Partner with MACBIS PMO PM’s to ensure implementation of consistent processes across development pillars. Objectives are to facilitate continuous improvement with a priority on project &/or group needs.
- Work with MACBIS PMO Project Managers (verticals) to understand the objectives and visions of their projects, their challenges, and to provide support and assistance appropriately. Attend regular team meetings for each project (as appropriate) to ensure project activities comply with enterprise standards.
- Provide training and mentoring to the organization as related to Change Management and Release Management, generally specific to artifact knowledge, and SharePoint tools.
- Demonstrate, support and live the NewWave Corporate core values on a day-to-day basis
- Customer First
- People Focused
- Integrity Everyday
- Social Responsibility
- Quality Driven
- Experience in leading organizational or project-level efforts in change management and release management specific to software development and maintenance
- Experience in providing software maintenance support in an operational/production environment
- 3 years of hands-on experience on a software development or software maintenance project
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Attention to detail, quick learner, have a positive attitude, ability to multi-task, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess excellent critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills to include effective communication in customer-facing meetings
- Solid understanding of development and operational processes (i.e. Scrum process, Release Management, Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management).
- Bachelors’ Degree
- PMP Certification
- Health Information Technology experience and background is highly desirable
- Project management experience within a project management office (PMO)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Project
- SharePoint (User)
- Basic audio/video skills related to webinar and projector use
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
Back to top