Developer - Back End
NewWave is looking for a Back-End Developer to fill a key role in our team based in Elkridge, MD. We are a data-driven technology firm determined to create intuitive solutions that inspire and serve real purpose. We value people who use their intelligence and passion to inspire their teammates and make an impact on our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Package and deploy applications for production.
- Develop software components to support data enrichment and transformation in a high traffic transactional data and data warehouse environment.
- Provide development estimates outlining business and technical risks.
- Develop and deploy software in an incremental process that is potentially shippable with each teration.
- Identify and significantly contribute, where appropriate, to division initiatives.
- Provide technical and business explanation and justification for architectural, design, and coding approaches.
- Work under tight time constraints with changing requirements.
- Execute thorough unit and integration test cases for developed solutions.
- Develop data persistence and transmission based on commercial and open source relational databases.
- Regularly update technical and business teams as to plans, progress, and issues.
- Produce high quality software following best practices and established standards such as Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming.
- Plan, design, enforce, and audit policies and procedures that safeguard the integrity of and access to enterprise systems, files, and data elements.
- Development/maintenance and defect resolution of code.
- Attendance at daily scrum to discuss accomplishments, plans and blockers.
- Adherence to agile process and defined development standards including technical design specifications (TDS), code reviews unit and integration testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, Object Oriented Design and Development, Web Services, etc.
- Experience with Websphere application server.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture development and implementation.
- Experience and understanding of architectural principles and frameworks (MVC).
- Strong knowledge of database design principals.
- Strong experience with Relational databases Oracle/DB2/MySQL/SQL Server and PL/SQL queries , Store Procedures.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Previous Healthcare IT experience is desirable.
- Experience working on a team using Scrum or other Agile project framework.
- Experience in web-designing, HTML 5, CSS 3, Hibernate, Git.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Project. SharePoint.
- Experience with continuous deployment tools.
- Experience with data visualization and information design.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
Back to top