- Develop a clear plan for enhancements to the current sales cloud and implement strategy on getting other departments to standardize their processes on Salesforce.
- Translate business requirements into solutions using a combination of Salesforce configuration and custom development approaches.
- Recommend and develop technical approach; create design, development, and testing documentation.
- Design and develop custom Apex code and Visualforce pages.
- Manage dashboards, reports, forms, templates, custom objects, object relationships, fields and layouts.
- Resolve system problems and troubleshoot issues with technical team members.
- Assist with database de-duping and clean-up procedures, including data migrations and mass data uploads.
- Project manage all activities associated with further Salesforce developments and integrations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 2+ years developing custom solutions on the Salesforce.com platform.
- Proficiency in custom objects, workflow and validation rules, email templates, formulas, dashboards & reporting, Sandbox-to-Production processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Apex (Language, Trigger, Class, Web Service), VisualForce (Page, Component, Controllers), SOQL and APIs. Experience with Lightning is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structures, data modeling and database schemas, including basic knowledge of SQL.
- Advanced administrator and Salesforce Developer Certification.
- Familiarity with Service Cloud, Birst, Tableau and other Business Intelligence tools.
- Knowledge of Informatica implementation.
- Familiarity with Marketo and Redshift.
- Desire to join a growing company tasked with bringing change to education market.
- Ability to effectively communicate and resolve technical issues at all levels of the organization.
- Work well to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints.
- Driven decision maker, positioning us to scale efficiently by educating colleagues.
- Passion for problem solving and desire to get into the details.
Meet Some of Newsela's Employees
Content Operations Manager
Rachel is responsible for assessing article production needs in order to meet monthly and quarterly targets. She ensures time and financial efficiency through contributor and technology management.
Back to top