Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. Two years since our launch, Newsela is already in 70% of schools in all 50 states and more than 180 countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: gorgeous, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive.
We are looking for a Salesforce Developer to own all things related to our Salesforce, acting as a thought leader and expert in maximizing the effectiveness of the CRM within the organization. Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager, this will be a key role in executing initiatives directly tied to the development, design and implementation of the Salesforce.com platform.
- Develop a clear plan for enhancements to the current sales cloud and implement strategy on getting other departments to standardize their processes on Salesforce.
- Translate business requirements into solutions using a combination of Salesforce configuration and custom development approaches.
- Recommend and develop technical approach; create design, development, and testing documentation.
- Design and develop custom Apex code and Visualforce pages.
- Manage dashboards, reports, forms, templates, custom objects, object relationships, fields and layouts.
- Resolve system problems and troubleshoot issues with technical team members.
- Assist with database de-duping and clean-up procedures, including data migrations and mass data uploads.
- Project manage all activities associated with further Salesforce developments and integrations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 2+ years developing custom solutions on the Salesforce.com platform.
- Demonstrated proficiency in custom objects, workflow and validation rules, email templates, formulas, dashboards & reporting, Sandbox-to-Production processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Apex (Language, Trigger, Class, Web Service), Visual Force (Page, Component, Controllers), SOQL and APIs. Experience with Lightning is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structures, data modeling and database schemas, including basic knowledge of SQL.
- Advanced administrator and Salesforce Developer Certification.
- Familiarity with Service Cloud, Birst, Tableau and other Business Intelligence tools.
- Knowledge of Informatica implementation.
- Familiarity with Marketo and Redshift.
- Desire to join a growing company tasked with bringing change to education market.
- Ability to effectively communicate and resolve technical issues at all levels of the organization.
- Work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints.
- Data-driven decision maker, positioning us to scale efficiently by educating colleagues in best practices.
- Passion for problem solving and desire to get your hands dirty in the details.
Meet Some of Newsela's Employees
Content Operations Manager
Rachel is responsible for assessing article production needs in order to meet monthly and quarterly targets. She ensures time and financial efficiency through contributor and technology management.
Back to top