Sales Research Associate
Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. Two years since our launch, Newsela is already in 70% of schools in all 50 states and more than 180 countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: well-designed, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive.
The Sales Development team at Newsela is responsible for preparing for meetings between prospective clients and Newsela Sales Executives. Sales Research Associates are highly effective and are able to find key information that serve as the backbone of a sale. You will be supporting the sales team by putting together the details needed to target key deals.
The successful candidate is a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by tactically identifying and compiling information from multiple sources.
As an Sales Research Associate, your day will be composed of four primary activities:
- Researching contacts that will be targeted as a part of inbound and outbound sales activities.
- Compiling information about accounts (schools and districts) which will be referenced throughout the sales cycle.
- Compile lists for outbound call initiatives
- Assist in the drafting of email correspondences and note-taking during sales calls and emails as necessary
- Support the sales teams in the full sales cycle as needed, with priority in supporting sales development
- Strategize with Sales Executives and Sales Managers to improve performance, processes and procedures
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with Marketing team on campaigns
- Leverage CRM (Salesforce.com) and full sales stack to prepare targeted leads and accounts
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Internship or work experience in a fast-paced sales environment
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and organized
- A team player – you have a track record of working collaboratively as part of a larger team on a mission.
- Process-oriented – you are obsessed with efficiency, removing roadblocks for the lead generation team.
- A solid communicator – you enjoy working with internal partners to solve problems.
- Entrepreneurial – you thrive on creating things that didn’t previously exist.
- Analytical – you love to mine data, unlocking key insights that drive strategic decision-making.
- A passion for education, technology and literacy.
Back to top