Sales Intern (Summer 2018)
Newsela’s mission is to unlock the written word for everyone. We’re an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. Five years since our launch, Newsela is in 75% of US schools, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
Sales Interns are highly effective and are able to find key information that serve as the backbone to the sales organization. You will be supporting the sales team by putting together the details needed to target key deals.This opportunity will connect you to experts, provide exceptional hands-on experience, and expose you to a successful business model that helps millions of educators better build and assess their students’ literacy skills.
As an Sales Intern, your day will be composed of these primary activities:
- Researching contacts that will be targeted as a part of inbound and outbound sales activities.
- Compiling information about accounts (schools and districts) which will be referenced throughout the sales cycle.
- Strategize with Sales Executives and Sales Managers to improve performance, processes and procedures
- Compile lists for outbound call initiatives
The Ideal Candidate
- Enrolled as a Junior or Senior in a Bachelor’s program at an accredited college or university.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Interested in building a career in marketing or sales, and has an strong interest in education technology.
- Resourceful, scrappy, willing to roll up your sleeves and help your teammates.
- A passion for education, technology and literacy.
Newsela is strongly committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. Newsela will make all employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Meet Some of Newsela's Employees
Content Operations Manager
Rachel is responsible for assessing article production needs in order to meet monthly and quarterly targets. She ensures time and financial efficiency through contributor and technology management.
Back to top