Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. Two years since our launch, Newsela is already in 70% of schools in all 50 states and over 180 countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: gorgeous, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive.
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Recruiting Coordinator to help transform us from an exciting start-up to an industry leader. You will be critical to our success. By helping to build our reputation as a first-class recruiting organization and attract the best and brightest candidates, you will have a transformative impact on student literacy across the country and around the globe.
As Recruiting Coordinator, you will play an instrumental role in developing and refining our recruitment processes, ensuring we are providing a top notch experience at every step. In many cases you will be the face of Newsela - a friendly and supportive guide to welcome candidates and usher them through our process.
This is also an exciting opportunity to get involved in building out initiatives such as campus recruitment as well as branding and event planning.
- Manage complex interview scheduling for candidates at every level, in our NYC and Mountain View offices as well as remote.
- Greet candidates and move them through the interview process with complete professionalism and a friendly attitude.
- Provide a high-quality experience for all candidates and hiring managers.
- Manage candidate workflow through our applicant tracking system, ensuring timely updates and data quality.
- Take a lead role in driving diversity recruitment and OFCCP compliance by building relationships with various organizations.
- Manage our Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Manage our job postings, both to Newsela.com as well as external job boards.
- Handle confidential information with complete discretion and professionalism.
- Generate recruiting reports and metrics to ensure our decisions are driven by supported data.
- Take on other projects and responsibilities as necessary.
- Play a critical role in making Newsela one of the top hiring organizations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1+ years of related professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to excel at detail-oriented responsibilities in a high-volume environment.
- Demonstrated history of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Energized by the prospect of building and being a part of a world-class team.
- Passion for education and literacy.
- Self-starter, proactive and creative.
- Quick learner and team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience supporting multiple locations.
- Experience presenting and planning recruiting and industry events.
Back to top