Newsela is an instructional content platform that unlocks the written word for everyone.
As a Product Manager, Collections at Newsela, you will lead the development of new content products in Newsela’s portfolio. You will have a dual role 1) working collaboratively with Content, Product, Engineering, Data, Sales, and Marketing to launch new products, features and services on our site, and 2) own the management and ongoing development of these products throughout the product lifecycle to ensure their continued success.
Our content products are sophisticated and require partnerships with outside parties and operating dependencies (logistics, planning, business systems, finance, etc.), and it will be your responsibility to ensure optimal collaboration and project execution across all key functional stakeholders. You are passionate about delivering the best possible end-end customer experience, grounding our offerings in pedagogically sound and research-based practices, achieving business as well as product results, and working with multiple external and internal partners.
- Develop new content products and programs from strategy to support Newsela’s strategic direction.
- Oversee content product design and collaborate with design, engineering, content, and data to ensure cohesion of content product offerings.
- Own and prioritize the roadmap for ongoing improvement and iteration on content products. Make informed decisions by analyzing product metrics, user actions, customer feedback, results from pilots, and other ongoing sources of data. Direct and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Define metrics for success in customer satisfaction, product quality, and team performance and set tactics for achieving them. Develop an evaluation and efficacy plan to assess product strengths and areas for improvement.
- Work with outside partners to evaluate offerings and imagine ways to co-develop content products in partnership with business development and partnerships team.
- Be the go-to expert on the products in your portfolio, collaborating with teammates across marketing, sales, and community teams. Support and lead customer-facing projects that can include implementation materials, beta/pilot support, thought leadership pieces for marketing, customer conversations and sales support.
- Consult on a budget and operating plan for the program in conjunction with Product and Content Operations.
- Meet with stakeholders to ensure regular communication regarding project issues and decisions.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years of teaching or instructional leadership experience in the K-12 education space.
- 1+ years in Product Management or similar experience
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams and facilitating collaboration and teamwork
- Experience leading and managing product managers
- Evaluates written work and provides useful, targeted feedback.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
A few plusses
- Master’s Degree in education or learning design
- MBA or comparable business experience
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
- Thrives under short deadlines; nimble and flexible when projects adjust course.
- A passion for bringing technology into the classroom.
Newsela is strongly committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. Newsela will make all employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Back to top