Newsela’s mission is to unlock the written word for everyone. We’re on a fast track to become the go-to resource for leveled texts in K-12 classrooms. We have over a dozen media partnerships offering Library and News content, but we’ve only just begun. That’s where you come in.
Working with the Partnerships Strategist, your role would be to delight and engage teachers by growing our content acquisition pipeline. You would uncover high potential prospective content providers, support the contract negotiations process, and strengthen relationships with current providers.
The Content team is largely comprised of dedicated educators and journalists, who are easygoing and creative but work quickly without sacrificing details. We’d like to work with someone who can do the same. As a part of the Newsela team, you’d work with a rapidly growing edtech organization impacting millions of teachers and students each month.
- Research and produce top of funnel prospective content partner targets
- Prioritize partners based on their ability to win instructional time from K-12 teachers
- Represent Newsela in establishing contact with prospective partners
- Follow up with prospective partners systematically and relentlessly
- Work with editorial team to research and uncover copyright status of individual texts
- Modify and review licensing agreements
- Assist the Partnerships Strategist in closing new partners
- Pull and organize data for internal recordkeeping and external reports
- Build relationships with points of contact from content partners
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience working in partnerships, account management, business development or online content production
- Scrappy – you are excited to work in a fast-paced, constantly shifting startup environment
- Analytical – you blaze through the clutter to ruthlessly prioritize opportunities in a data-driven manner
- Detail-oriented – you gracefully manage various moving parts, follow through on action items, and catch apostrophes weve missed
- A solid communicator – you exude gravitas in speaking externally with executives
- Entrepreneurial – you thrive in tackling open questions and building processes where there were none
- Demonstrated passion for improving K-12 education
- Track record of flexing your business mindset
- A general love of education and learning
- Experience working in news or publishing
Meet Some of Newsela's Employees
Content Operations Manager
Rachel is responsible for assessing article production needs in order to meet monthly and quarterly targets. She ensures time and financial efficiency through contributor and technology management.
Back to top