Marketing Data Analyst
Newsela is the best way to master nonfiction in any subject. In 3 years since our launch, Newsela is already in 75% of schools in all 50 states and over 180 countries. We plans to continue to create best-in-class experiences for teachers and students.
We are seeking a talented, inquisitive data analyst to join our Marketing team. You will help guide the marketing function at Newsela and as we make key strategic and tactical decisions that can impact the Newsela experience of millions of students and teachers
The successful candidate is extremely organized, detail oriented and very analytical. You love to dig into data and understand the trends. You’re ready to get your hands dirty without forgetting about the big picture. You’re hungry and excited to learn about all areas of marketing. You deal well with shifting priorities and can handle an ever-evolving environment.
Your work will will immeasurably help teachers and improve student literacy around the globe. If you’re as excited as we are about making meaningful change in education and affecting the lives of children everywhere, Newsela is the place for you.
- Build Dashboards and reporting on Marketing campaign performance and impact on Newsela KPI.
- Providing analysis of and assisting with data-based experiments run by Marketing team
- Using site analytics to evaluate Marketing impact on Newsela traffic.
- Driving initiatives to identify areas where data analysis can enhance our user engagement and campaigns by the Marketing team.
- Documenting and presenting usage patterns of teachers and students and derive insights for potential opportunities to grow teacher engagement.
- Work closely with Product and Data teams to drive analytics and tracking best practices within the marketing team as well as across the company.
- Assisting with testing hypotheses using data to help achieve greater engagement
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, economics, finance or related field
- 2+ years marketing/web analytics experience
- Demonstrated experience using SQL, Excel for data analysis
A Few Pluses Include
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with Redshift
- Experience with statistical analysis for A/B testing
- Passion for education or experience in the education industry
Back to top