Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. Two years since our launch, Newsela is already in 70% of schools in all 50 states and over 180 countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: gorgeous, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive.
Our growing company is looking for a FP&A Manager, who will report to the VP, Finance & Operations and be an integral part of the Finance team.
The right candidate will be a strategic thinker who can work both independently and collaboratively. You have a strong analytical mind set and enjoy developing business plans, KPIs and metrics to drive business decisions. If you relish the idea of being part of a mission driven company please read on.
- Drive company-wide financial and business performance initiatives and provide recommendations to support key strategic decisions.
- Work with business operations and other key stakeholders to generate requested business and financial reporting.
- Help drive key strategic initiatives, insights and analytics.
- Prepare finance and business presentations, including supporting materials.
- Establish/maintain and track financial key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Develop and lead the budgeting and forecasting process and coordinate across multiple departments. Present to key stakeholders including executive management team.
- Perform market and historical operating analysis as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years experience in business operations, financial planning & analysis, and forecasting in a high growth environment
- Proven understanding of standard Accounting and Finance
- Proven modeling skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel (i.e., pivot tables, VLookups, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Top Tier Consulting, Investment Banking or Operations experience
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
Back to top